300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Park Ridge Anyone?

Anybody else put in for Park Ridge? I thought it was kind of weird that they were taking resumes. I've never seen that before.

Originally posted by Johnnyblade
    Anybody else put in for Park Ridge? I thought it was kind of weird that they were taking resumes. I've never seen that before.

I thought it was funny too, I put in my resume for the hell of it. I bet they are looking for certified police officers though.

Scott

Comment

Most likely they are looking for LE experience. I applied last year and they replied within a month stating “thanks but no thanks” which was really awkward because they will not offer a test to you unless their committee reviews your application and resume first.

Comment

i applied last year too. i didnt have any experience. i dont remember how many originally applied (couple hundred?) but by the time we finished the power test, only 22 of us were left to take the written. i received a notice that i passed and that i would be called in the near future for an interview. about a month ago (10 months later) i received a call for an interview. i already got hired by another dept. so i turned it down but now you know how park ridge's process might go.

Comment

Originally posted by Five-O
          Most likely they are looking for LE experience. I applied last year and they replied within a month stating “thanks but no thanks” which was really awkward because they will not offer a test to you unless their committee reviews your application and resume first.
          They just sent me an e-mail earlier telling me when to report to the physical agility. Must be that bachelors degree in criminal justice that I have to be welcomed to that test.

Scott

Comment

I was also invited. Good old BA In Psychology and AA In Criminal Justice. Good luck everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by impalaman
              I was also invited. Good old BA In Psychology and AA In Criminal Justice. Good luck everyone.
              I wonder how many they are hiring.

Comment

Oh crap they are testing on the same date as Naperville written test is. Looks like I might not be doing Park Ridge.

Scott

Comment

I'll be joining you guys as well. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

22 y/o female, just graduated from UIC with BA in Kinesiology, and they sent me a notice to report as well. Does anyone know if you have to reside in Park Ridge in order to get on there??

Comment

is it safe to say they are accepting only people with college degrees.

bfa theater and dance/status: invited.

Comment

I was happy with how things went for park ridge. I feel confident about how I did. Anyone know how many their looking to hire?

Comment

That was probably the best testing process I've been through. It seems like it would be a great department to work for. If I remember correctly, they said there was one position open, and their might be 3 or 4 opening up in the next two years.

Comment

yep that is what he said at orientation.

i also agree, I liked how they gave u the option in which part of the power test u wanted to do first.

In the written portion some of those personality questions were funny? ie. do u think its okay to drink at lunch if u have nothing to do at work?

or the question about marijuana?

Comment

I sprinted my little heart out on that run! I also liked how they let you choose what station to go to first. The test was a piece of cake, I agree about some of those personality questions, I found myself NOT SURE what to say because of how they were worded.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5872 users online. 256 members and 5616 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X