300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DuPage County

I trained in DuPage and thought it seemed like an awsome county to work for, from what all of the deputies that actually work there now say.

I was wondering, are they going to be hiring any time soon?

What is the hiring process like? What is their Physical Agility exam like? What are the Qualifications to get in with Dupage County as a C/O? Do they waive educational requirments if you are already certified with the state of IL? Do they do Linear transfers?

I like where I am at, but I do kind of want to be closer to my area, and Dupage is only 30 min away from me, compared to 1 1/2 hours at my current county.

I spoke with someone in their merit comm. office the other day. They are testing in Jan/Feb '07...They need to hire 19 officers or so I hear. I got my name placed on their notify list...and I'd reccomend the same to you.

Ususally you start in Corrections (2years before eligible for patrol)...but rumor has it they will be testing for patrol positions as well.

Not sure about lateral transfers...the link below has qualifications:

http://www.co.dupage.il.us/sheriff/
    Last edited by BigRuckuss; 08-25-2006, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRuckuss
      I spoke with someone in their merit comm. office the other day. They are testing in Jan/Feb '07...They need to hire 19 officers or so I hear. I got my name placed on their notify list...and I'd reccomend the same to you.

Ususally you start in Corrections (2years before eligible for patrol)...but rumor has it they will be testing for patrol positions as well.

Not sure about lateral transfers...the link below has qualifications:

http://www.co.dupage.il.us/sheriff/
      I sent them an e-mail last month and they said they would put me on there notify list. Should I give them a call to verify that they placed me on this list? I really don't trust e-mail at all.

Scott

Comment

It wouldn't hurt...that way it is confirmed...

Also, I'm sure you will catch wind of it monitoring the local forums as well...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10989 users online. 507 members and 10482 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X