Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Months And Counting

UN-FRICKIN-BELIEVABLE.

I HONESTLY HAVE NO PROBLEM WAITING FOR MY TEST SCORE, I JUST THINK IT IS ASSININE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE OUR WRITTEN TEST RESULTS AFTER 6 MONTHS. IT DOES NOT TAKE 6 MONTHS TO GENERATE WRITTEN TEST RESULTS. I HAVE TESTED WITH DOZENS OF POLICE DEPARTMENTS AND THE LONGEST I HAVE EVER WAITED WAS 1 AND A HALF MONTHS. I UNDERSTAND THAT CHICAGO IS A BIG CITY AND THERE ARE 1000'S OF APPLICANTS, BUT IT DOES NOT TAKE 6 MONTHS TO PROCESS 4000 TEST SCORES. THEY ARE HOLDING OUT FOR SOMETHING, I JUST WISH THE CITY WOULD SAY WHY. THEY COULD AT LEAST ADVISE US ON THE HOTLINE WHY THE TEST RESULTS ARE NOT AVAILB. NEVER IN HISTORY HAS CHICAGO TAKEN THIS LONG TO SEND OUT TEST RESULTS FOR THE WRITTEN EXAM. THE LONGEST HAS BEEN 4 AND A HALF MONTHS. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON

go west. At least those departments send your test results back.

I agree for a test that made 4,000 of us pay $20 bucks to take the least they could do is say Hey your not getting these results back until next year when we test everyone.

I love this city and I have high amounts of respect for the CPD but I long ago have decided to focus on other departments.

Comment

I hope we don't see another thread in 2 weeks that says "6 months and 2 weeks with no results". Not to be rude, but I can't BELIEVE you guys really thought it would be any way but this. I bet for alot of you guys, this was probably your first test, and that makes it rough. Time for the CPD "luster" to wear off here a bit and realize there are a ton of options out there.
      www.saveavet.org

Comment

CPD will always be saturated with "luster" for those that grew up here.

Comment

Originally posted by CPDjock
          Or those of us who would be 4th or 5th Generation CPD.

Comment

they wanna see who is connected to a alderman or ' patronage',

maybe all the other catagories as well, then when they pick out

the connect people, and manditory hires, maybe the column of

regular people will have a few slots.............
            " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
            " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by 0206CPDAPPL
              UN-FRICKIN-BELIEVABLE.

I HONESTLY HAVE NO PROBLEM WAITING FOR MY TEST SCORE, I JUST THINK IT IS ASSININE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE OUR WRITTEN TEST RESULTS AFTER 6 MONTHS. IT DOES NOT TAKE 6 MONTHS TO GENERATE WRITTEN TEST RESULTS. I HAVE TESTED WITH DOZENS OF POLICE DEPARTMENTS AND THE LONGEST I HAVE EVER WAITED WAS 1 AND A HALF MONTHS. I UNDERSTAND THAT CHICAGO IS A BIG CITY AND THERE ARE 1000'S OF APPLICANTS, BUT IT DOES NOT TAKE 6 MONTHS TO PROCESS 4000 TEST SCORES. THEY ARE HOLDING OUT FOR SOMETHING, I JUST WISH THE CITY WOULD SAY WHY. THEY COULD AT LEAST ADVISE US ON THE HOTLINE WHY THE TEST RESULTS ARE NOT AVAILB. NEVER IN HISTORY HAS CHICAGO TAKEN THIS LONG TO SEND OUT TEST RESULTS FOR THE WRITTEN EXAM. THE LONGEST HAS BEEN 4 AND A HALF MONTHS. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON
              Hey man, when I took the test at the beginning of August, one of the commanders told me don't be surprised if the whole process takes close to two years. Apparently, they are not interested in getting qualified people in and trained. I guess we'll have to see how long this takes. Sorry it has taken so long for you. once I heard that it takes about two years, I almost lost interest. I guess we have no choice but to wait. If they want to move this slow there is nothing we can do about it. We just gotta sit back and take it. it sucks i know, I love Chicago as much as the next person and would love to get on with the CPD, but this is the hand we are dealt.
              "...and that was the second time I had crabs."
              "Stinks like sex in here."

Comment

Took me 3 years, so now that you know....... Quit your complaining! relax, apply other places and if Chicago works out great, because I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. there is probably 1000 people already cleared from background just waiting to get in ahead of you.

Comment

I lived there 25 years. Couldn't be happier in the 'Burbs now, but that is just my opinion
                  www.saveavet.org

Comment

its the opposite with me. Grew up in the burbs work in the big city. I prefer not to work where i live, less chance of running into someone you know. As far as luster is concerned... well im first gen LE and im not all that enamored by CPD. Sorry. I sit on the guys that they bring in, day after day. Got some friends who are CPD and just like anywhere else...who you know depends on where you go. The way i look at it, we're all brothers and id back anyone of you, burbs or city we ALL got a tough job.
                    Last edited by cclawdog; 08-26-2006, 11:34 PM.
                    One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

For me, the worst part isn't even the wait. It's my friends and family. THEM: "Hey, I thought you tested for the Chicago police like half a year ago." ME: "I did, but it takes a really long time to get results. No one knows why, that's just how it is." THEM: "Why don't you call or something? What are you just waiting around for?" ME: "DON'T YOU THINK I TRIED THAT? NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING IT IS GOING TO BE A LONG LONG LONG TIME STOP ASKING ABOUT IT."

Next month. Same conversation.

Comment

Everyone stop the whining. Took me 15yrs off and on trying to get in LE.

Comment

Originally posted by cclawdog
                          Everyone stop the whining. Took me 15yrs off and on trying to get in LE.
                          THANK you. See how you feel after ten YEARS and counting.
                          Last edited by CPDZone9; 08-29-2006, 01:46 AM.

Comment

I know. Still Learning. But I must say that I've waited a long time for this and after having to deal with LIFE getting in the way of my (dare i say) dreams, I'm actually having fun. I did customer service most of my career and for once I can finally tell the "customer" exactly what i want and not get in trouble for it. AHHHhhh!

Comment

PS-- zone9 god bless you unspoken heroes. My wife does dispatch too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8100 users online. 406 members and 7694 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X