Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bird1
    replied
    parking at the academy really sucks. u have to get there early to find a spot theres plenty of parking around the park behind the academy. first come first serve

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDude
    replied
    Originally posted by CPD or EPD
    We rarely ever have to park in those spots anyway, now that Adams is ok between Racine and Loomis.

Okay, if you say so.

Leave a comment:

• CPD or EPD
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiTownDude
    There is no parking along the school on the west side of Loomis and the south side of Adams, while in session between 0700 to 1600. That eliminates at least 50 to 60 parking spots.
    We rarely ever have to park in those spots anyway, now that Adams is ok between Racine and Loomis.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDude
    replied
    Originally posted by CPD or EPD
    For everyone worried about Whitney Young HS starting, you shouldn't be. We are at the academy way before those kids get to school in the morning.

There is no parking along the school on the west side of Loomis and the south side of Adams, while in session between 0700 to 1600. That eliminates at least 50 to 60 parking spots.

Leave a comment:

• CPD or EPD
    replied
    For everyone worried about Whitney Young HS starting, you shouldn't be. We are at the academy way before those kids get to school in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• rosko23
    replied
    Recruits are PPO's and if you are in uniform, they will let you ride for free. I was able to get on the blue line the one time I had car trouble last month. Have not tried it since.
    I know what PPO's are. I am a PPO. What I meant was the CTA refers to POLICE as someone in their blues, I dont agree with it. Don't be surprised when you go places and they say "hey come back when your the REAL police and we'll take care of you."

You must have gotten someone that was cool about it bc they have turned down various diff people diff times wearing their uniform showing their id's. I wouldn't rely on riding for free, but I think that it is stupid for them not to allow it.

Leave a comment:

• soxfan101
    replied
    I got there very early and took a short nap in the car, so I could get a decent spot, especially if I had alot of crap that I had to carry in. No joke it is horrible.

Leave a comment:

• SeVere
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyF
    One more headache I could add in case you have not experienced it. The metro CPD classes begin at 0530. So that being said it makes it a bit more difficult for you CPD boys. I know this from experience but of course I had no problem parking Sorry I did'nt mean to rub it in.
    And that ALWAYS ****ed me off when I was there! You all took up the good spots.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDude
    replied
    Originally posted by rosko23
    not 100% true. POLICE ride for free, not recruits. They WILL make you pay 98% of the time.
    Recruits are PPO's and if you are in uniform, they will let you ride for free. I was able to get on the blue line the one time I had car trouble last month. Have not tried it since.

Leave a comment:

• TommyF
    replied
    One more headache I could add in case you have not experienced it. The metro CPD classes begin at 0530. So that being said it makes it a bit more difficult for you CPD boys. I know this from experience but of course I had no problem parking Sorry I did'nt mean to rub it in.

Leave a comment:

• SeVere
    replied
    Originally posted by cubzfan21
    Do Suburban Cops attending the Chicago academy get to ride the CTA for free as well?

I believe so. Cook County is also able to use the CTA.

Leave a comment:

• rosko23
    replied
    Police ride the CTA for free!! Once you get your city ID, use it..
    not 100% true. POLICE ride for free, not recruits. They WILL make you pay 98% of the time.

Leave a comment:

• cubzfan21
    replied
    Suburban Cops...Blue Line?

Do Suburban Cops attending the Chicago academy get to ride the CTA for free as well?

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDude
    replied
    Police ride the CTA for free!! Once you get your city ID, use it..

Leave a comment:

• ts622
    replied
    Sounds like my best bet since I live next to the Blue line is to just take the train. Thanks for all the help!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6029 users online. 325 members and 5704 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X