300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking at the Academy

How is parking at the Academy? Is there a lot for cadets or is it everyone for themselves? Are you aloud to go out and feed the meter?

Basically, everyone for themselves. You cannot park in the parking lot, and as of right now your class is coming in next week but there is a class that is graduating at the end of next week. So it will be extremely tight for your first week, but then it should open up slightly. That is, until Whitney Young High School opens up again!!

Rule of thumb, get there at least 40 minutes before roll call and you should be fine.

Comment

It's probably not a good idea to park at a meter because you're not going to be able to go out to pay them every hour or so. Hence: Tickets!

Comment

Parking is awful right now. You can't park on Adams within two blocks, this week and next. Then when school starts IN TWO WEEKS, forget about it.

Comment

So just to be clear...parking on the street only, non-metered space preferably, get there early. My class, once I pass the power test again, starts Sept. 25th. Thanks for the responses!

Comment

If you have to get there early and still have to park a couple blocks away. Maybe look into taking the blue line; the Racine stop is only three blocks away.

Comment

parking at the academy sumed up in two words....IT SUCKS!!!!

Get there early...or try taking the train as mentioned before, the blue line is right up loomis.
              I LOVE the smell of flashbangs in the morning.....dont you?

si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

parking

it was easy a month ago. Never a problem. Now with all the new recruits in and coming next week, parking has been bad the last two weeks. Street closure hasn't helped matters either.

Comment

Sounds like my best bet since I live next to the Blue line is to just take the train. Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Police ride the CTA for free!! Once you get your city ID, use it..

Comment

Suburban Cops...Blue Line?

Do Suburban Cops attending the Chicago academy get to ride the CTA for free as well?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDude
                        Police ride the CTA for free!! Once you get your city ID, use it..
                        not 100% true. POLICE ride for free, not recruits. They WILL make you pay 98% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by cubzfan21
                          Do Suburban Cops attending the Chicago academy get to ride the CTA for free as well?

I believe so. Cook County is also able to use the CTA.

Comment

One more headache I could add in case you have not experienced it. The metro CPD classes begin at 0530. So that being said it makes it a bit more difficult for you CPD boys. I know this from experience but of course I had no problem parking Sorry I did'nt mean to rub it in.
                            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Originally posted by rosko23
                              not 100% true. POLICE ride for free, not recruits. They WILL make you pay 98% of the time.
                              Recruits are PPO's and if you are in uniform, they will let you ride for free. I was able to get on the blue line the one time I had car trouble last month. Have not tried it since.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4887 users online. 250 members and 4637 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X