300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC DOC Residency

Does Cook County DOC require you to live within the county...or are adjoining counties permited?

I'm in the hiring process now and I don't think it is. They haven't mentioned it being required but they do ask what county you live in a whole lot!
    Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
    Me: you really want an answer to that
    Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Originally posted by BigRuckuss
      Does Cook County DOC require you to live within the county...or are adjoining counties permited?

you have to live in COOK COUNTY!!
      Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
      Romans 12:12

Comment

Originally posted by HapkidoKa
        I'm in the hiring process now
        How long ago did you test...this past November? They test every November don't they?

Do you know how long they give you to relocate to Cook County? 12...18 months?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRuckuss
          How long ago did you test...this past November? They test every November don't they?

Do you know how long they give you to relocate to Cook County? 12...18 months?
          No they give out the applications the 1st Saturday of November. It takes a little while for them to call you for testing but the sooner you return your application the sooner you will be given a test date.

I copied this from the county website:

"Is there a Residency Requirement?
          All non-union employees who resided in Cook County on or before December 20, 2000 and all new employees hired into non-union positions after December 20, 2000, are required to follow the Cook County Personnel Residence Requirement Ordinance. Any new non-union employees shall have six (6) months from date of hire to establish actual residency within Cook County."

Comment

You do NOT have a residency requirement for ccdoc/ cccs/ or ccspd. County board tried to pass it to the sworn ofc back in '04. Unions nixed it.
            One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

Originally posted by cclawdog
              You do NOT have a residency requirement for ccdoc/ cccs/ or ccspd. County board tried to pass it to the sworn ofc back in '04. Unions nixed it.

For sure? I just bought a house in DuPage County...so I don't want to go through the process for CC DOC if I have to move to Cook County.

Just to clarify: CCDOC does not have to live within the county...

Comment

You do not have to live in Cook County. Some C/Os live in Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by HapkidoKa
                  I'm in the hiring process now and I don't think it is. They haven't mentioned it being required but they do ask what county you live in a whole lot!
                  What parts of the testing process did you complete for cook. I am interested in applying when applications are available. What kind of written test was it and was the physical agility difficult? I have no problem completeing the state power test but never tried the correction physical agility.

I am kind of glad there is no residency requirement for cook county, I live next door in will county.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Scott32
                    What parts of the testing process did you complete for cook. I am interested in applying when applications are available. What kind of written test was it and was the physical agility difficult? I have no problem completeing the state power test but never tried the correction physical agility.

I am kind of glad there is no residency requirement for cook county, I live next door in will county.

Scott
                    I just turned in my background application yesturday and as far as I know thats the last part before meeting with the investigator who will make a recomendation to the Merit Board and I'm hoping all goes well and I get certified.

The written test isn't hard or easy, you just have to pay close attention and with everything be honest. As far as the agility course it's best to give it a run through at home before actually doing it but as many have said before if you are in ok shape you'll be fine. What I think they are really looking for in that is your effort more than how fast you pass the finish line.

Comment

don't quote me but if you got this far you might be in. GO TO YOUR INTERVIEWS FROM THIS POINT ON IN A SUIT!!!!!!!!!! They do look at that.

Comment

Originally posted by cclawdog
                        don't quote me but if you got this far you might be in. GO TO YOUR INTERVIEWS FROM THIS POINT ON IN A SUIT!!!!!!!!!! They do look at that.
                        Thanks man, I hope you're right.

Comment

Do you know if they will be hiring COs this year? From a 2006 list.

Comment

we are short CO's and alot of vets are looking for a buyout so i don't think it would hurt to try.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I will have to ask my buddy about it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9094 users online. 415 members and 8679 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X