300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer from Cook County Corrections to Deputy Sheriif

I am currently a correctional officer for Cook County. I really, really want to transfer to court services. Has anyone done this and if they have, how exactly do you go about this? And do you have to go through a entire academy?

Originally posted by jumbojs
    I am currently a correctional officer for Cook County. I really, really want to transfer to court services. Has anyone done this and if they have, how exactly do you go about this? And do you have to go through a entire academy?

I know a guy that did it. He did not have to go to another academy because technically both have the same state certification. He did, however, take a pay cut.

Why do you want to change? You would be better off leaving the entire department than trying to become a court service deputy. Very few can make the move.

Comment

I am also trying for other departments but then you'd have to go through the whole hiring process again including another academy. Also, court services now make more then we do.

Comment

As you may know or not know any move takes juice, some more than others. Right now cs is paid the same as doc but they just got a new contract last fall, ours is in arbitration. my source says doc makes 3-4k more than cs traditionally cause our job is more hazardous. why do you want cs? They really havent had any academy classes in a while (10doc 1 cs last year) so i know they are not really in need of new deps. got a buddy in maywood and one of his fellow deps used to be doc so it can be done.
        One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

Originally posted by cclawdog
          As you may know or not know any move takes juice, some more than others. Right now cs is paid the same as doc but they just got a new contract last fall, ours is in arbitration. my source says doc makes 3-4k more than cs traditionally cause our job is more hazardous. why do you want cs? They really havent had any academy classes in a while (10doc 1 cs last year) so i know they are not really in need of new deps. got a buddy in maywood and one of his fellow deps used to be doc so it can be done.

just an FYI a Court services class started today is the first and i beleive the last of the year........
          Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
          Romans 12:12

Comment

It can absolutely be done. I'm saying that to get it done it takes some juice.

Comment

Another academy

I believe there are two this CS academies this year, the one that started today and another that begins in early October. That isn't really here nor there since I don't think I'll have to go through another academy if I join CS.

Comment

I know an investigator for the merit board, and he told me there will only be 1 class for c/s this year. He also told me that this class is the last of the who's/who of the current regime's clan. HEAVY HEAVY juice babies. The whole class.
                WIISAD
                While invisible, I see and destroy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8105 users online. 393 members and 7712 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X