Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Metro Police Academy on 9/11/06?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Metro Police Academy on 9/11/06?

Anyone starting the Chicago Metro Academy on 9/11/06?

I haven't heard anything yet from any departments yet even though I am in the top 7 on lists that use that academy. Why have you received a call and been processed yet?
    My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

Chicago Academy

Yes. I will be starting the Chicago Metro Academy on 9/11. Looking forward and just want to see if there were many others going. I know they separate chicago police from suburban police. Just wondering if anyone else had any additional info like how the training schedule goes and so on.

Comment

Congratulations, lucky you.

Thought I'd be there too, but so much for that. Class starts at 0600 hrs. Chicago starts at 0700.

What department are you going for.

Comment

15 weeks to go....

I Started The Metro Class At The Chicago Police Academy Today....anybody Else?

Comment

Question?

What is the Metro Police Academy and who takes it?

Please Humor Me.

Comment

I went to it in 1998. You attend the Chicago Police Academy, but Metro means Suburban. A Suburb sends their Officer to the CPD Acad. for training much like others send thiers to Cook County, etc. At least when I was there, there was 2 homerooms of Metro (Suburban dept. officers), total about 60 Officers. You are taught by CPD instructors, etc., but the time line and course content is different. Mine was 14 weeks. Of course you won't learn about Chicago Ordinances, etc. It is geared towards regular basic Police training, does not have any Chicago "spin" on it. I had a great time and I think the instruction was great!
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11297 users online. 521 members and 10776 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X