300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook County Corrections questions...

I know there is a written test for the Corrections job but is their a physical? I am pretty sure there is but I am not sure what it is? Is it a POWER test?

And are they issued Glock 22/23 or are they allowed to purchase their own gun? I have a buddy who says they can purchase their own gun but he doesnt know for sure ie he is not a CO.

I am sure I will have more questions later. Thanks.

Originally posted by Tecumseh
    I know there is a written test for the Corrections job but is their a physical? I am pretty sure there is but I am not sure what it is? Is it a POWER test?

And are they issued Glock 22/23 or are they allowed to purchase their own gun? I have a buddy who says they can purchase their own gun but he doesnt know for sure ie he is not a CO.

I am sure I will have more questions later. Thanks.
    The application process has changed since I was there so I am not sure about the physical. C/O's may purchase a firearm. They are not issued one and it is not required that they own a firearm. If one's assignment as a C/O requires a firearm, the county has loaners.

Comment

There is a PAT test. Nothing too crazy, if you are in decent shape it should not be a problem. You have to purchase your own weapon. Once in the academy, you are issued a list of appropriate on and off duty weapons to choose from.

Comment

The PAT is pretty basic. I took it about a month ago and kicked myself for stressing over it.
        Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
        Me: you really want an answer to that
        Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Originally posted by HapkidoKa
          The PAT is pretty basic. I took it about a month ago and kicked myself for stressing over it.
          Can you tell me what the PAT is? Is it running up and down stairs with a dummy? Thats what I heard from a friend earlier on.

Comment

Originally posted by Himso
            You have to purchase your own weapon. Once in the academy, you are issued a list of appropriate on and off duty weapons to choose from.
            Are HK P2000 and HK P2000sk with LEM triggers on that list? I have both firerarms and got a real good deal on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecumseh
              Can you tell me what the PAT is? Is it running up and down stairs with a dummy? Thats what I heard from a friend earlier on.

Stairs but no dummy and push ups- push ups.

It's designed to test endurance, chest strength, arm stregnth and coordination.

Comment

I am not sure I understood your last posts? They require pushups-pushups?

I assume you mean that they just require so many pushups in a minute? And the running up stairs is what like striaght for 3 minutes?

Comment

Is it pushups like the IDOC?

Comment

My buddy works for IDOC and he went out and purchased a Beretta 92D

I believe all the guns on the list are double action only but I could be wrong

Comment

County Physical

You have to do a step test for three minutes. 17 pushups, a grip test, and you have to run through an obstical course. Its fairly easy. You are given a list of guns that you can buy for on duty. You have to buy one as far as I know because you have to qualify at the firing range with that weapon to graduate.

Comment

You buy ALL (spend about 2500-3000... really)your gear incl weapon-DOUBLE ACTION ONLY. I was in the acad last summer and P2000 was not on the list. Glock 19+17, Ruger p-series dao, Beretta 92 dao, Sig 226+229 dao (Sig now have 226R-229R/DAK which is new improved dao trigger pull and accessory rail in front of trigger guard like Glocks) and some SW models. Glocks were most prevelent, Sigs next for those who can afford it, a few Berettas and a Ruger p94 (good guns actually if you can find one in dao, cheap too about 350-400) I myself want the P2000 and am trying to find out if its allowable. Pats Test is easy except for zig zag obst course that is about 40x20 ft and has multiple stations that you have to do certain things... you must pass the finish line within 30 seconds! so if you are not in great shape get cracking.
                        One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

The test is the same as IDOC's which is on their website. You should be alright on the course as long as you get your squat thrusts right and listen to the Officers there when they give you the walk through and tell you about looking pretty. Everyone who tried to look cool and pretty failed.

Comment

Are you allowed to carry the same style weapon off duty, or they have specific guidlines for that too?

Comment

You can carry the same, on duty and off. There is also an approved list of off duty weapons.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9428 users online. 444 members and 8984 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X