300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alsip PD power Test (body fat test)

Anyone ever did a power test for Alsip PD? I noticed when I was reveiwing the paperwork with the application they have a 5 part test, including a bady fat test, it says for my age group I need to have a 23.5 body fat composition. Is this test still being used? I am about 6'0 200 pounds and I have no idea what my body fat is.

By the way which test company does Alsip use?

Scott

I saw that in the application packet too. From what I understand it is your bmi. Which is simply a measure of obesity. I believe 24.9 or over means you are overweight. BMI does not take into consideration people with high muscle mass. Muscle weighs more and takes up less space. Therefore if you exceed 24.9 you will have to be put on a fat measuring device to see if you are overweight due to high fat content or high muscle content. Here is a link to determine your bmi. http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/
    My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

Originally posted by robert2006
      I saw that in the application packet too. From what I understand it is your bmi. Which is simply a measure of obesity. I believe 24.9 or over means you are overweight. BMI does not take into consideration people with high muscle mass. Muscle weighs more and takes up less space. Therefore if you exceed 24.9 you will have to be put on a fat measuring device to see if you are overweight due to high fat content or high muscle content. Here is a link to determine your bmi. http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/
      Damn I am apparently 26. Its funny I passed over 13-14 physical agility tests this year with flying colors, now I see a BMI test and I may not pass it. Is this common for many PD's to do this? I never knew a BMI test is part of the state power test.

Scott

Comment

Chicago doesn't do the BMI test but I keep track of mine because I try to stay in shape. Like Robert2006 said, muscle does throw it off a bit. If your muscular and in good shape I wouldn't worry about it to much. According to the BMI test all bodybuilders would be considered obese.

Comment

Bmi

The BMI scale is a complete joke. You don't even need to be muscular to be considered "overweight" by it. Basically if you are anything other than skinny you'll be high on that scale.
          I just went to that link and at 6'3" 205 I'm overweight too. But if I put in 6'3" and 149 lbs it still considers that NORMAL weight.
          I don't know about you but I think I would much rather carry the extra 50 lbs so I won't risk blowing away in the breeze here in the windy city!

Comment

I e-mailed Alsip PD, they are using resource management for there written test? Nick is that the same company that gave bolingbrook's written?

Scott

Comment

I don't remember the name...
              Last edited by NickFL6; 04-07-2007, 03:35 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10369 users online. 485 members and 9884 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X