300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tecumseh View Post

Why dont they approve H&K? THe P2000 would make a fine duty gun.
    It would, but i don't think it will happen anytime soon. We were lucky to get the Glocks... and even that took 10 years to long!
    In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

I have a P2000 and it is by far my favorite firearm. I think it is the perfect handgun for me and would be an excellent weapon for LE as it is very modular. I would say the same with the P30 when it comes out but I am not certain.

Comment

My .02 worth

I have been hooked on Sigs (226) for a while, but, after firing off a few dozen rounds with a Beretta (92) I'm reconsidering. Very nice weapon.

What can I say, the boards got a little quiet so I thought I'd rekindle an old thread...

RyBaK

Comment

Do some research on glock.When they first were used by most departments there were a few problems with the gun firing when the officer went to put the gun back into the holster.I have a very early model 17 that had no spring retention on the trigger safty.I took it to a gunsmith and there were alot of parts that were replaced because of recall.I would hope if you had an older glock you should take it in to a gunsmith.But i think a new one would not have this problem unless it gets snagged on something as you are forcing it or slamming it into an ill fitted holster. I have carried my 17 for 15 yrs and never had a problem.I love my glock especially when I put the 30round clip in.
          Remember 9/11! No dog compares to a Wirehair!

Comment

Originally posted by gundog View Post
            Do some research on glock.When they first were used by most departments there were a few problems with the gun firing when the officer went to put the gun back into the holster.I have a very early model 17 that had no spring retention on the trigger safty.I took it to a gunsmith and there were alot of parts that were replaced because of recall.I would hope if you had an older glock you should take it in to a gunsmith.But i think a new one would not have this problem unless it gets snagged on something as you are forcing it or slamming it into an ill fitted holster. I have carried my 17 for 15 yrs and never had a problem.I love my glock especially when I put the 30round clip in.

Hey Gundog,

So far I've shot 2 Glocks, the 22 and 17. I haven't been crazy about the feel of it. That said, I'm not going to blow off the advice of people with a lot more experience with them. I'll give them another go.

Best,
            RyBaK

Comment

Good luck in finding a weapon you are comfortable with,hand fit etc.If you are confident with it you will shoot better.Also I really like those night sights for the glock. I forget what there called.brain freeze.
              Last edited by gundog; 04-17-2008, 09:08 PM.
              Remember 9/11! No dog compares to a Wirehair!

Comment

yes you can use glock handguns. i graduated from the cpd metro class and alot of the recruits were using either glock 19 or the 17 model. and after a yr they allow you to use another caliber a few of the insrtuctors and ltn pontecore carrys a glock 21

Comment

So rookies are forced to use 9mm handguns for the first year? I assume that the information in this old thread is still pretty correct?

Comment

I think, if I remember correctly, you are restricted to 9mm during the academy. Once you hit the street, you can change caliber (after proper qualification).

Comment

bring out the dead...... I love the XD . 45 outstanding weapon,,,, just ****ing fantastic.

Comment

I love the Springfield XD .45 ACP. It Is a great weapon! I can shoot it all day!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10093 users online. 372 members and 9721 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X