300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Duty Weapons...

I just wanted to know if anyone can tell me what guns are authorized by the Chicago Police Department? And what calibers?

THanks to all who reply.

Towards the end of the academy...various vendors.manufacturers will come to display....not sure exactly what brands/calibers....but my friend who just completed the academy says they offer quite a deal...

Comment

9MM while in the acaemy. No Glocks

Comment

Sigs
        S&W
        Ruger
        Beretta

That's it. Out of the academy you can have .45 cal.

Comment

No HKs?

And are DAKs allowed?

Comment

for the academy the weapon u choose depends on what u want to spend. u can have berrreta, sigs, rugers,and smiths. when i went threw alot of guys went with the sig cause they figured if it costs more it must be good. not quite. before range day the dealers will have a display of thier weapons. so u can make up ure mind what u like and can afford. in the end all weapons go boom!! it's the person shooting that counts
            Last edited by bird1; 09-03-2006, 03:43 AM.

Comment

All guns go boom, yes. However, there are major differences in the manufacturing of these guns...I think most would agree that a Smith and Sig are not the same when talking about semi-autos....put them next to each other and 8 out of 10 people are picking up the Sig Sauer....Revolvers, then maybe a Smith, Glocks are still one of the best guns on the planet, this can be argued all day, but its true....The only reason why Glock isnt allowed is beacause some CPD brass had a bad experience with his....go figure....buy the Sig, or check out the new Beretta 92, Double action only.....great gun for LEO's....

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Floyd
                All guns go boom, yes. However, there are major differences in the manufacturing of these guns...I think most would agree that a Smith and Sig are not the same when talking about semi-autos
                of course there different. im no gun expert but when i chose my weapon i based it size, comfort, and the speed of field striping. dont pick a name brand cause everyone buys one. in fact u can go to a range and rent them make up ure mind there.

Comment

The first friday of your first week the Ray O'herrons and Shores come out with guns. Look at them all choose what fits best for you. Talk to the range instructors. In my class everyone got a Sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecumseh
                    No HKs?

And are DAKs allowed?

No one answered the question....

Are the DAK's allowed???

Comment

Originally posted by Boombotz
                      No one answered the question....

Are the DAK's allowed???
                      Yes DAK guns are alowed...

Comment

rumor has it that come jan. the glock, springfield xd, and smith and wesson mp will be added to the line...
                        In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

How reliable is the rumor Proby?

Originally posted by PROBY
                          rumor has it that come jan. the glock, springfield xd, and smith and wesson mp will be added to the line...

Comment

Heard the same, but maybe even this week. If you want to carry the Glock, you'll have to use 3 days of your time to be "Glock Certified" and buy 200 rounds of factory ammo. I figured that to be a cost of over $1000 above the cost of the gun out of my pocket for me to carry it. I'll keep my SW.45..Might be different for recruits in the school.
                            Last edited by ChiTownDet; 11-20-2006, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Can anyone post what new models are being added. Im applying and would like to train beforehand so that I make the best decision when it becomes to choosing a duty weapon. Plus it could spread the cost out when entering the academy......if I can get through the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12405 users online. 507 members and 11898 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X