300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Verification

Can someone on CPD tell me what the authentic Mounted Unit, Marine Unit, and Evidence Technician patches look like for Chicago PD?

I recently purchased these on ebay, and was wondering what the actual patches look like (or if they are actual patches) before I add them to my collection.

Any input would be appreciated.

Take a pic of them and post it. Lot easier than us trying to describe what you might have. From there we can see them and give the yes or no.
    www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by ADAM 12
      Can someone on CPD tell me what the authentic Mounted Unit, Marine Unit, and Evidence Technician patches look like for Chicago PD?

I recently purchased these on ebay, and was wondering what the actual patches look like (or if they are actual patches) before I add them to my collection.

There are none. Regular CPD Patch. No Specialized Patch.

Comment

I have seen a couple differnet CPD patches. One was black with the same CPD logo, and I have seen camo patches with the CPD logo. I think the black one is the Marine Unit.

Originally posted by ADAM 12

Comment

Originally posted by 0206CPDAPPL
          I have seen a couple differnet CPD patches. One was black with the same CPD logo, and I have seen camo patches with the CPD logo. I think the black one is the Marine Unit.

Nope, CPD has one patch design. There is a patch that is the same design but black for the BDU's but We have one patch design.

We do not have specialized unit patches.

Comment

yeah one patch worn on uniform, but specialized units sometimes get together and design a patch. My uncle is retired K9 officer and years back they desinged a special Chicago K9 patch, but it never became a part of their uniform, just a novelty. It had a picture of a German Sheppard, with a checkered collar on it. I know he told me that they tried to ge it approved for uniform but it never was.

Comment

Chicago has three basic patches.....the design s are the same....if it has blue letters and a blue border it is worn by all sworn personnel below the rank of Sergeant. If it has blue letters and a yellow border it is worn by SGT's, Lieutenants, and Captains, Chaplains and Inspectors. If it has a yellow border and yellow letters it belongs to "exempt rank" members ...all of the ranks from commander up to Superintendent. Novelty or special patches are among units and arre not a part of the official blue suit. Also FYI sergeants and above where white shirts and everybody else wears light blue shirts unless it is a utility uniform which all dark top and bottom.
              You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but does anybody think that light blue shirts are bad in a tactical sense? I would like to see a dark blue shirt so as to make your silhouette a bit more difficult to make out for would-be cop killers.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyblade
                  Not to hijack the thread, but does anybody think that light blue shirts are bad in a tactical sense? I would like to see a dark blue shirt so as to make your silhouette a bit more difficult to make out for would-be cop killers.
                  It was nowhere near as bad as a walking across a breezeway in Robert Taylor wearing a white shirt.
                  You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Originally posted by cityblusuit
                    Chicago has three basic patches.....the design s are the same....if it has blue letters and a blue border it is worn by all sworn personnel below the rank of Sergeant. If it has blue letters and a yellow border it is worn by SGT's, Lieutenants, and Captains, Chaplains and Inspectors. If it has a yellow border and yellow letters it belongs to "exempt rank" members ...all of the ranks from commander up to Superintendent. Novelty or special patches are among units and arre not a part of the official blue suit. Also FYI sergeants and above where white shirts and everybody else wears light blue shirts unless it is a utility uniform which all dark top and bottom.

And a recessed patch for BDU wear is also official but it is of the same design as the normal patch for P.O.'s.

Comment

Thanks

I appreciate the information. Thanks guy's.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4750 users online. 210 members and 4540 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X