300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.c. F Permits / And Why Not

I am sure this has been brought up in springfield, and shot down many times,

but with illinois surrounded by states who do allow carry permits,

what logical reasons does the state keep harping on , why they do

not issue permits....?
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Liberal democrats.

Their aught to be a year round season for them with no bag limit, or have them declared vermin with hunting open all year.

(Me...no...I'm not at all opinionated...)

Comment

While I do see your point and agree. The reason is simple. Illinois is actually two states.....the state of Chicago and the state of illinois. The State of Illinois, the part that is rural and fostered a respect for guns exists in a vacumn. Then there is the State of Chicago, the seats of power and the brokers are all in Chicago. It dominates all aspects of Illinois politics. This may sound very twisted but please understand what I say. In small rural communities everybody has a gun and a respect for guns had always been present and guns and hunting and fishing and camping and all kinds of outdoor stuff were always a part of the landscape and the lifestyle of rural illinois..

Now, without getting your 2nd amendment rights in a total tizzie imagine a city like Chicago wherein an entire culture (The culture of the urban city) that was never raised on guns or raised with an inherent respect for guns was suddenly given guns. There would be utter chaos and mayhem......and remember 3 million of Illinois's 11 million residents live in the City of Chicago. The metropolitan chicago area is 7 million. Only 4 million people live in the rest of Illinois ......Illinois is 56000 square miles...Chicago is around 220 square miles......the density alone would make sensible law abiding people resolve conflict with a gun. FYI....last time I checked wisconsin has no CCW either. Just a little something I wanted to throw in the pot.
      You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Originally posted by cityblusuit
        and remember 3 million of Illinois's 11 million residents live in the City of Chicago. The metropolitan chicago area is 7 million...Chicago is around 220 square miles......the density alone would make sensible law abiding people resolve conflict with a gun.

You say that like its a bad thing

After all, a parking space in down town Chicago IS worth killing over...

Also know that NYC has a pistol permit system that is very restrictive based on the sullivan law, enacted to keep guns out of the hands of "undesirable folks" and those who "don't have a need"...When it was passed, that meant everyone not a wealthy white male.

Try getting a NYC carry permit these days. Hell, out of town cops coming into NYC will catch flack for packing heat even with the new nationwide carry for cops law.

Unless you are NYPD or rich and powerful enough to get a carry permit...I mean a public figure who needs protection...you aren't legaly carrying a gun in NYC.

Not that it stops people...

Comment

I agree....New York, which has permits, is equally restrictive. It seems that most major urban cities have severe self imposed restrictions. The people's republic of California has a CCW system administered by the local CHief's....try getting a carry permit in a major city in California...smaller town not an issue. Thanks to HR218 cops should not be gettign the grief you reference in new york.

Comment

Thanks to HR218 cops should not be gettign the grief you reference in new york.
            Operative word being "SHOULD"...

Comment

Washington D.C. issued concealed carry permits and the violent crime rate dropped 200%. This is from the book, "More Guns, Less Crime" by John R. Lott, who is a University of Chicago Professor. It is every American's right to carry a gun. A lot of people are scared at the very sight of guns. Vehicles kill more Americans every year. Homes with swimming pools are more likely to kill someone than a home with a gun.

Comment

Now, without getting your 2nd amendment rights in a total tizzie imagine a city like Chicago wherein an entire culture (The culture of the urban city) that was never raised on guns or raised with an inherent respect for guns was suddenly given guns. There would be utter chaos and mayhem......
                When's the last time a criminal cared about not being "allowed by law" to do ANYthing, let aLONE carry a GUN.

The criminals have them already and terrify law-abiding citizens who don't.

Comment

I think that Illinois will have a CCW law within the next few years. Check out www.icarry.org

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyblade
                    Washington D.C. issued concealed carry permits and the violent crime rate dropped 200%.
                    DC has carry permits?

Check your info...

Comment

Wow, sorry about that. I read the book a long time ago and got the information mixed up. The violent crime rates dropped for ten states that issued concealed carry permits. The D.C. info I got is as follows:

In 1976, Washington D.C. enacted a virtual ban on handguns. Between 1976 and 1991, Washington D.C.’s homicide rate rose 200%, while the U.S. rate rose 12%. The “Assault Weapons Ban” was enacted on September 14th, 1994. This bill banned the manufacture, possession, and importation of semiautomatic assault weapons for civilian use. Assault weapons were involved in less than 1% of homicides before this bill took effect. The same is true as of 1998.

Comment

Illinois has always been cold to the idea of a CCW. I am certainly not opposed to it. But the cornerstone laid by MOrton Grove, Evanston and Chicago thanks to Jane Byrne is still a cornerstone of the current Mayor, Richie Junior.....although they failed, the Mayor led several initiatives to sue handgun manufacturers. When retired cops in Good Standing across the country were being certified to carry under HR218, Chicago refused to comply and certify their retired officers. To my knowledge they have continued to refuse to comply and finally the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board had to "back door" the City of Chicago and initiate certifying Retired Officers on their own. Most local city councils and mayors are declared "conversators of the peace" and accordingly they carry concealed weapons. That means Aldermen in Chicago and other Illinois towns are legally carrying concealed weapons with no police training. With the existing political climate, I do not see Illinois going CCW anytime soon.

Comment

If we can vote Daley and Blago out of office we can get CCW. It is a disgrace that IL lives under the shadow of these two.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecumseh
                            If we can vote Daley and Blago out of office we can get CCW. It is a disgrace that IL lives under the shadow of these two.
                            In addition to a culture that doesnt respect guns there is a culture that is scared of guns...the ones who are scared are the ones in power. Sadly...yet realistically Illinois has about as much of a chance of getting CCW as Chicago does of getting rid of its residency requirement for its employees.

Comment

In addition to a culture that doesnt respect guns there is a culture that is scared of guns...the ones who are scared are the ones in power. Sadly...yet realistically Illinois has about as much of a chance of getting CCW as Chicago does of getting rid of its residency requirement for its employees.
                              Hopefully the National reciprocity bill will pass. I do agree that it is an uneducated public that is terrified of guns. It seems that older people didnt care about guns and were not so willing to blame guns instead of criminals.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7327 users online. 410 members and 6917 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X