300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corrections, are you deputized/inmates vote

my questions is if you are deputized at county level and can inmates vote. we are not deputized and new rules came out and inmates are allowed to vote. i have only been at county for a couple of months but i think it is funny that the sheriff lost by 5,000 votes in the primary back when and now inmates can vote.

WHAT? Anyone convicted of a crime punishable by a sentance of over one year, or any crime deignated as a felony, loses all Federal civil rights, including the right to VOTE. Those rights may be restored, (with the exception of the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms, that was de-funded by Congress some time ago.), through an attorney and judge, AFTER release, but not while incarcerated. I think someone is blowing smoke, unless, this being a county jail, your inmates are all doing less than one year sentances, and misdemeanor convictions. In that case, I don't know how it works - all my inmates are felons.
    As for deputization, all the county agencies I know of issues badges similar to thier Sheriff deputy badges, but with a banner reading Corrections across them somewhere. No corrections officer, without being a DOC investigator, is employed as a peace officer with general arrest powers, in this state, that I know of at this time.

Comment

Cook County, yes we are Deputized and pre-trial inmates can vote. They are not yet convicted and therefore still retain this right.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6476 users online. 320 members and 6156 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X