300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Shooting Range in DuPage?

Anyone know of a good indoor shooting range in DuPage? I drive 45min to place where I shoot now....just lookin gfor something a little closer to home...

Ok...can anybody recommend a range anywhere in the chicagoland area?

Comment

There's a place in Aurora near Fox Valley Mall - JR Shooting Sports. $19 all you can shoot. It's decent, and they have a pretty well stocked store. Their website is here:

http://www.jrshootingsports.com/shooting_range.htm

Comment

yeah, i would also recommend JR shooting sports, good clean place with guns for sale and rent, plenty of targets, ammo, and firing booths. Plus a very knowlegeable staff.

Comment

I like to go to Midwest at odgen and 1st avenue in Lyons when i don't feel like driving. They have a nice range and most guns they sell you can rent before buying. Their website is www.midwestguns.com For heavy duty shooting I go to rangemasters in Indiana. My buddy has an AR 15 that the range allows. You can also rent a full auto MP5 if you want. It is about 40 minutes from the stateline. Their website is www.rangemasteroutfitters.com
          My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

Screw the indoor range, get outdoors. The best Range EVER, or series of ranges I should say is Buffalo Rock in Ottawa. I am by I-55 and I-355 and it takes me less than an hour to get out there. In "The Pit" anything goes, any rifle or handgun, you can 'bump fire', etc. There is a rifle range, pistol range, clay pigeon throwers, etc. Their website is below. For more info, you can go to AR15.com, go to the Illinois Hometown Forum and read about all the stories. They are very friendly people that operate the place. $20 for an all day event. Once you shoot outdoors, you will see how indoors is NO FUN anymore!
            http://buffalorangeshootingpark.com/
            Last edited by dogcop; 08-09-2006, 02:03 AM.
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop
              Screw the indoor range, get outdoors. The best Range EVER, or series of ranges I should say is Buffalo Rock in Ottawa.
              love that place u can shoot anything u have. indoor ranges around chicago u have midwest in lyons. illinois gun works harlem and grand ave. mega sports in plainfield on highway 30 off i/55. gunworld in libertyville.

Comment

Buffalo Range is a great range. I still have to go out there this year.

Gat Guns has a nice range too. Really nice overall store, period. It's where I bought my Springfield XD9. Knowledgeable people.

Comment

Gun World is also in bensenville its a good place for the distance but expensive on ammo. I recommend walking into a wal-mart be4 going cuz they usually have great prices on ammo. Cheap targets but good ones. They have friendly people there and guns to rent and buy.

Comment

Jr Shooting sports is located on E new york st. just west of FVM in naperville. If you get to Eola road you gone too far. I 've shot there but i prefer MegaSports in plainfield for handguns. Last I heard you pay hourly at Jrs but onetime cost at Mega is for all day if you choose. My next venture is Buffalorock. Good luck.
                    One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

Forgot about this website. Can come in pretty handy:

http://www.wheretoshoot.org/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6633 users online. 362 members and 6271 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X