NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alsip PD

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alsip PD

    Anyone testing for Alsip? Just curious if anyone has heard good things about there department.

    Scott

  • #2
    .

    isnt homer glen supposed to form a police department of there own soon?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by fruitpunch
      isnt homer glen supposed to form a police department of there own soon?
      I never heard of anything of Homer Glen getting there own department. We still pay Will county to patrol our town.

      Scott

      Comment


      • #4
        Residency for Alsip. The guys I've met from there are pretty good guys..
        And Homer Glenn seems to enjoy paying Will Co. overinflated prices for mediocre or non-existant police services ( does anyone actually know how many cars are patrolling that town, or if the ones that are assigned are actually there?). It will change the first time a trustee or the mayor tries to tell one of the Will Co. people to do something in town and gets the response "I don't work for you."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ChiTownDet
          Residency for Alsip. The guys I've met from there are pretty good guys..
          And Homer Glenn seems to enjoy paying Will Co. overinflated prices for mediocre or non-existant police services ( does anyone actually know how many cars are patrolling that town, or if the ones that are assigned are actually there?). It will change the first time a trustee or the mayor tries to tell one of the Will Co. people to do something in town and gets the response "I don't work for you."
          I lived in Homer Glen for the past 20 years and yes will county has a heavy presence of squads always patrolling the area. I notice they enjoy hanging out at kicks 66 gas station on the corner of bell road and 143rd at night. There isn't much or any crime in homer glen except rowdy teens speeding, loitering, and idiots partying at the local wendy's parking lot..LOL

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scott32
            I lived in Homer Glen for the past 20 years and yes will county has a heavy presence of squads always patrolling the area. I notice they enjoy hanging out at kicks 66 gas station on the corner of bell road and 143rd at night. There isn't much or any crime in homer glen except rowdy teens speeding, loitering, and idiots partying at the local wendy's parking lot..LOL
            Def. Agree about the 66 station, they are always down there. I know a couple of the Deputies who work in "the glen", all of which are good guys.

            Comment


            • #7
              The lack of service is what prompted a lot of other towns to get rid of county services and form their own P.D. A relatively recent one in the last 15 years was Propect Heights and Cook County.

              Comment


              • #8
                Do they have any positions available this time around!? Any info. Would be nice.. thanks!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jimmy1010 View Post
                  Do they have any positions available this time around!? Any info. Would be nice.. thanks!
                  They hired 4 off the last list. 2 certified and 2 they sent to the academy. Problem is, they are home rule. They can pick and choose whoever they want. They were jumping numbers like crazy last time.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeah, they do pick and choose. And I heard the two that got picked up that were non certified were connected.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They were. I knew one of them, who ironically enough, was in my interview group. He was bragging outside how he "knew someone and had an easy in". In his defense though, he at least tested top 15. The other guy was 30 something.

                      At the orientation they told everyone they would send the top 10 straight to background. And by "top 10", they must have meant all of their certified on the list, because that's all they contacted. I knew another guy who was top 10 that never heard a thing from them. Needless to say, he isn't bothering this time around, lol.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am certified, was contacted for the BI, and never heard from again. I don't plan on testing this time. I really liked the dept and the command staff seemed cool, but I'm not gonna take a day off again for that cluster of a pick up process, plus a friday night orientation that took about 2 hours. Plus, I dont like COPS testing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That's right. I remember that pick up process. Was in line around 730 and didn't get home until almost 1. Their orientation was at least informative though, but again, your typical "we are the best of the best with the highest standards ever" BS, but then they jump around their list and pick connected people, lol. Some standard.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ill give it a shot, odds are against me

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Last time they limited it to 200 apps... I didn't see anything saying that they were limiting them this time. I do know that for the last list they needed 1 or 2 on the street asap, which is why they did the certs, due to some injuries in the dept

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 30967 users online. 207 members and 30760 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X