300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.W.A.T/Tact schools in Illinois

Does anybody know of any S.W.A.T/Tact schools in Illinois? Or Maybe any websites you might know of. Just finished building entry and want to learn more.

Check the website for the NTOA, National Tactical Officers Association at www.ntoa.org....also check the website for the Illinois Tactical Officers Association at www.itoa.org, there is NIPAS the Northern Illinois Police Alarm System at www.nipas.org, The Association of Swat Personnel of Wisconsin at www,asp-wi.org etc etc. The Illinois State Police used to have a 3 week Tactical Response Team (TRT) School. Also check NEMRT at www.nemrt.com they can point you to a school if it is not already in their catalog. Funny thing about NEMRT Chicago doesnt belong to it but lots of their Officers teach it as a side gig. Contact the Sherriff's departments especially Will, Dupage, McHenry and even Cook they each have their own teams some of them are full time and some are not, either way they can tell you where to locate training. Just don't do that Chicago thing and tell a deputy he is not "the real police". Also contact the FBI, they do a school up at their Range at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center if worse comes to worse hop on the PAX and call the good people in the basement at 1300 W Jackson....somebody down there knows something. The bad thing I learned when I worked in Chicago is that after the academy.....training withers to nothing especially tactical stuff...if you need more help PM me...Good Luck
    You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Originally posted by cityblusuit
      Check the website for the NTOA, National Tactical Officers Association at www.ntoa.org....also check the website for the Illinois Tactical Officers Association at www.itoa.org, there is NIPAS the Northern Illinois Police Alarm System at www.nipas.org, The Association of Swat Personnel of Wisconsin at www,asp-wi.org etc etc. The Illinois State Police used to have a 3 week Tactical Response Team (TRT) School. Also check NEMRT at www.nemrt.com they can point you to a school if it is not already in their catalog.
      WOW! You pretty much covered all the bases that I could think of.
      “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

That does cover it... Another option is hosting a school. My department is hosting Paul Howe's tactical team leader school in November. The good thing is they come to us and we get free training. Several training schools do that including the one I work for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6436 users online. 265 members and 6171 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X