300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 and a Half Months

Getting ready to hit 6 months and no results. What happend to getting results in 4 months. So far everyone that has EVER tested for CPD has NEVER waited this long for a written test result. I called Ernest & Young. They said the test results are not completed and they have no idea when they will be ready.

Come on it does not take 5 1/2 months to grade tests, especially when 3/4 of the people took the test on the computer (immediate computer generated score). Only 4000-5000 people took the test in Feburary. Something does not make sence. Either they lost our test scores, or the city is not paying Ernst & Youing, something is wrong one way or another. I have no problem waiting, but this is getting stupid.

Originally posted by 0206CPDAPPL
    Getting ready to hit 6 months and no results. What happend to getting results in 4 months. So far everyone that has EVER tested for CPD has NEVER waited this long for a written test result. I called Ernest & Young. They said the test results are not completed and they have no idea when they will be ready.

Come on it does not take 5 1/2 months to grade tests, especially when 3/4 of the people took the test on the computer (immediate computer generated score). Only 4000-5000 people took the test in Feburary. Something does not make sence. Either they lost our test scores, or the city is not paying Ernst & Youing, something is wrong one way or another. I have no problem waiting, but this is getting stupid.
    I understand that you are getting worried or are nervous, but I am telling you the best thing to do right now is just keep on living your life. If you let all this consume you, you will be really unhappy. From everything I have heard the people that have heard something, heard that they failed. I know everyone gets really nervous, but it is pretty hard to fail the initial exam. If the CPD is going to be your career, you need to be doing something now that you enjoy and just go through the process. Then in 2008 when you get called you won't have killed yourself worrying about it. I was like you because I didn't really have a lot going on for me while I waited. But now I am in the academy and the best advice I can give is to just try not to think about it, maybe test for other departments. That also helps to keep your mind off it. Good luck.

Comment

CPD,

I'm going to start at the Academy this monday, july 31st. What should I expect? When does the heavy PT begin? Any tips would be helpful.

thanks

Comment

I heard the message today from Ernest & Young, they said they were graded but nothing has been sent out..so either way it's still a load lol. It is some what frustrating to go to school, get a degree, yet still be in the same boat as people without one.

Comment

I smell a rat

Comment

Listen to everyone else.

-Don't Quit Your Day Job
            -Patience is needed to get on the job and to do the job
            -Don't believe anything you are told until you've had the proof in your hand.

Comment

Hmmm, I tested with a Suburban Dept. in April and will be getting hired on in about 2-3 weeks. So I have been able to hop Police Departments in less time than you guys can even get test results. Shows what a well oiled machine "The City" is
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by 0206CPDAPPL

It really does suck not having a clue what is happening with the scores but the best thing is not to even think about it. Sooner but more likely later we will hear back. I do find it annoying that tests that I have taken that have been free of charge have sent back their written results ten times faster then a test I paid $20 to take.

All we can do is keep our focus on work or school and when we are least expecting it the results will be in the mail.

But I do agree 6 months is way to long since anyone else that has had to take a computer based test knows the results come back in less then 5 minutes

Comment

I think some of you mis-understood what I said. I don't mind the wait, I am not quiting my day job, I am not checking my mail everyday, I am really not thinking about it either. I just made a post, seeing I have not posted much saying how crappy it is that it is now going on 6 months with no score. Something is wrong was my whole point. Though I could share my thoughs with others in the same boat.

Comment

Personally...i dont think they should've given the test on the computer. just keep it simple with paper and pencil the old fashion way they do with everything else, i believe this is the reason why no other examination has taken this long for results. But anyways...good luck to everyone on the waiting game for the hiring process.

Comment

Ready to test, wait

Hi all,

I'll be taking the CPD test this weekend, probably with many others on here. From what I've gathered it won't be the most difficult test, and not a whole lot of prep that can be done. That being said, is there any advice to be had - type of dress, computer or paper/pencil, what to bring, etc? Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmow
                        Hi all,

I'll be taking the CPD test this weekend, probably with many others on here. From what I've gathered it won't be the most difficult test, and not a whole lot of prep that can be done. That being said, is there any advice to be had - type of dress, computer or paper/pencil, what to bring, etc? Thanks for the feedback in advance.
                        dress casual....whatever you signed up to take is what you will have to do. Did you mark Computer or Pencil? Either way its the same test. There really isn't a way to study for this so just get a good nights sleep before. Then you can join the rest of us in the waiting process. Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by mrmow
                          Hi all,

Make sure you eat something before the test too...b/c you'll be at UIC for a few hours. Just get some rest the night before and just wear something comfortable...i think i wore my pj's and a hat. Good Luck!!!

Comment

someone in the past mentioned for those who wear contacts to wear their glasses, just something to think about.

Comment

hey sup all,

rumor round the academy is that the reason the results arent in yet is becuse the city has not paid the bill yet, so sit tight they will get there.
                              good luck to all!!!
                              In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5188 users online. 245 members and 4943 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X