300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McHenry County Corrections

I know some of you are CO's in McHenry...they are testing soon...Can you live in DuPage County and be emplyed there? I don't know their residency req.

Also, for those of yo who currently are CO's there...what do you think?

You can live in any bordering county except for Wis.

Comment

Must live in ANY bordering county as long as it isnt in wisconsin, it just changed too. When I first got hired it was 25 air miles. If you are on our CERT team though it still is 25 air miles from the jail.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I am more then happy to help anyone who is willing to be hired and take some of our abbundant work load. Yeah, we need more officers.

As far as what I think......... well, if you get hired ill let you in depth.

Its a decent county to work for, better pay then IDOC and a few other counties. Good amount of OT due to understaffing. Fairly good people to work with, decent Admin as far as our Sgt.'s, LT.'s and our DC. Ive been there a year (today, no more proby for me). My only gripe that I will inform you of on here is we are not deputized any longer, and we no longer have SLEP Pensions or the right to carry off duty. Every place has their problem and this one is no different.
      Last edited by M.C.S.D; 08-01-2006, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info...I recently purchased a home in DuPage County...Not sure if I'm within 25 miles of jail? Anyways...my guess is that a rookie wouldn't be on a CERT team.

So many officers I know tell me to get my start in Corrections...that it will teach me how to talk my way out of situations rather than allways using force. They say that some of the best patrol cops they know started in corrections...

Comment

I believe that to be true myself. I know that I have learned ALOT being in corrections, specialy with learning how to talk to people and make them do what you want without having to physically for them.

Comment

Originally posted by M.C.S.D
            Must live in ANY bordering county as long as it isnt in wisconsin, it just changed too. When I first got hired it was 25 air miles. If you are on our CERT team though it still is 25 air miles from the jail.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I am more then happy to help anyone who is willing to be hired and take some of our abbundant work load. Yeah, we need more officers.

As far as what I think......... well, if you get hired ill let you in depth.

Its a decent county to work for, better pay then IDOC and a few other counties. Good amount of OT due to understaffing. Fairly good people to work with, decent Admin as far as our Sgt.'s, LT.'s and our DC. Ive been there a year (today, no more proby for me). My only gripe that I will inform you of on here is we are not deputized any longer, and we no longer have SLEP Pensions or the right to carry off duty. Every place has their problem and this one is no different.
            I put my application in for corrections a few days ago. Which style written test does mchenry use and what does the physical agility consist of?

Scott

Comment

I dont remember which written exam they use, but it isnt horribly hard.

The phsyical just changed a little, so im not sure of the timming, but it used to be Sprint down a 140 yard hallway carrying a fire extinguisher, place the extinguisher on the ground, then run up 2 stories of stairs, rest 30 seconds, run back down the stairs, sprint back down the hallway, drag a 150 lb dummy 5 feet past the finish line. All had to be done in 2 minutes 30 seconds. then you had to do a search test, 5 X's on the wall touch each one in sequence 10 times.

I believe they have changed it to where you run up 3 stories of stairs, since we have 3 floors now. I dont know about the time though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10171 users online. 497 members and 9674 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X