300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD Academy Hours?

I am going into the Academy on July 31st but they never mentioned anything about the hours in the Academy. Are the hours flexible over time or do they always stay the same? Also, do they allow you to bring a lunch or do they provide food?

thanks

It's from 6:45AM til 4PM and you have 1 hour lunch. They don't provide food but there are cool places to eat in the vicinity.
    Last edited by kwikmart; 08-09-2006, 10:38 PM.

Comment

That's if you even get a lunch

Comment

expensive.....

Originally posted by rashowlist
        I am going into the Academy on July 31st but they never mentioned anything about the hours in the Academy. Are the hours flexible over time or do they always stay the same? Also, do they allow you to bring a lunch or do they provide food?

thanks
        Well it would be to your bank accounts benefit to bring food...Im averaging $7.40 a day for lunch....White hen pantry seems to be what most recruits eat...its in walking distance and its fast....just a heads up. Good luck...

...Oh wait if you ever get a chance, you must eat at this place called sweet maple cafe on Taylor street a little bit east of throop. they got the greatest pancakes and eggs but be prepared to pay a little bit more than 10 bucks a meal. Also you should only go if you get an extended lunch, so you will have enough time to enjoy...
        I LOVE the smell of flashbangs in the morning.....dont you?

si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by kwikmart
          It's from 6:45AM til 4PM and you have 1 hour lunch. They don't provide food but there are cool places to eat in the vacinity.

I'm really not one for correcting anybody's information but, from my experience and what I've seen. The day officially begins at 0700 and ends at 1600. There is really isn't a set start time. It all depends on when you HRI wants you to get there. Some want you there as early as 0545 or as late as 0700. It would be to your benefit to get there no later than 0615 to get a decent parking spot.

Comment

Ok so I am a bit late on this thread but, is Fat Moes still over there? Ah the greasy hot dog and fries special. I think it was just across the street from White Hen. If my memory serves me. Ah I miss those good old days..Oh wait no I dont.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Originally posted by TommyF
              Ok so I am a bit late on this thread but, is Fat Moes still over there? Ah the greasy hot dog and fries special. I think it was just across the street from White Hen. If my memory serves me. Ah I miss those good old days..Oh wait no I dont.

No more Fat Moes...Im not sure when it left.

si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

lunch

Do they let you bring a lunch? I really can't afford to eat out every day.

Comment

Yes you can bring a lunch....I should be bringing a lunch everyday but.....Ive become lazy as far as making lunch the previous night.

si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

So your in the Academy now? If so, what should we expect for the first couple of weeks? When does the heavy duty PT begin and what is it like?

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Ok so this thread is a bit old and I am sure you already have your answer when it comes to the heavy PT. My question back to you ( Not to jack your thread rashowlist) Who are the PT instructors now. Is it those some swelled up muscle heads that were there that felt running was the best thing in life. Sorry I hate to run! I recall a few names and one who is not there since my class got his arse booted back to the street, and yes I am proud of that he had a major malfunction! Oh and the PT sucks IMHO but I would worry more about the Firearms instructors they really are off the deep end! Ok sorry just had to go on this little rant.
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Ok so this thread is a bit old and I am sure you already have your answer when it comes to the heavy PT. My question back to you ( Not to jack your thread rashowlist) Who are the PT instructors now. Is it those some swelled up muscle heads that were there that felt running was the best thing in life. Sorry I hate to run! I recall a few names and one who is not there since my class got his arse booted back to the street, and yes I am proud of that he had a major malfunction! Oh and the PT sucks IMHO but I would worry more about the Firearms instructors they really are off the deep end! Ok sorry just had to go on this little rant.
                        The PT is pretty good at the academy. All the instructors have their own favorite type of exercise. PO Snelling is the machine, he loves to do everything. There is one who loves running, another who loves abdominal exercises, and one who looks like he loves arm curls with a beer mug. There is only one firearms instructor who seems like he doesn't really want to teach. All the others really take their time and show you what to do.

Comment

Well, theres Snelling who is just a beast who does not quit. But the guy has his **** together and he makes his points very well. We had welcome to gym on Tuesday then he made us come back on Wednesday for another hour in the morning and then we had a chit run/workout this morning with our home room instructor and Officer Ryan. Needless to say I am sore but it made me motivated to keep working out.

Other than that the range instructors seem to have their **** together as well. We dont have range until next week but when we did a preliminary class with the instructors, you could tell they were really focused on the range and effective teaching of the range. I can't wait for range!

The thing about each group of teachers, from what I've seen, is that they are very dedicated to their specific task at the academy. So far, I think it's great. There are some instructors who are slightly boring but for the most part, every instructor is very informative and creative as well.

Comment

rashowlist

Give it some time, you will know who is good and wants to make sure you are well prepared for this career, and who is only there counting down the hours and minutes to go home for the day. Good Luck..

Comment

just remember guys, this is a PUBLIC forum and ANYONE can read it. So I would suggest NOT using names or badmouthing the instructors. Just my 2 cents

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5983 users online. 309 members and 5674 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X