replied
    Originally posted by hart21
    and real baseball is played on the southside
    LOL... here we go.

Leave a comment:

• hart21
    replied
    Originally posted by NDubs55
    Can't wait to get back to Chicago. Got an October trip already planned. Anyone got a line on any good hockey tickets? What's the deal with Navy Pier by the way? it seems like it would be the place to be if you were 13-16 except for the beer garden. But the city is a trip. I love it there. Even the El train. Coming from Minnesota and having the crap hole we call the metrodome, it was so nice to sit outside and watch the game at Wrigley. Can't wait to get back there......... How are some of you feeling about the test? I couldn't believe that it was easier than NYPD's.
    Navy Pier I think is boring unless you have a lot of money to drop. There is an IMAX there which is cool. Apart from that its a lot of food and overpriced shops. It is something you should go to at some point just to say youve done it but I wouldn't plan on spending a day there or anything.

and real baseball is played on the southside

Leave a comment:

• NDubs55
    replied
    Can't wait to get back to Chicago. Got an October trip already planned. Anyone got a line on any good hockey tickets? What's the deal with Navy Pier by the way? it seems like it would be the place to be if you were 13-16 except for the beer garden. But the city is a trip. I love it there. Even the El train. Coming from Minnesota and having the crap hole we call the metrodome, it was so nice to sit outside and watch the game at Wrigley. Can't wait to get back there......... How are some of you feeling about the test? I couldn't believe that it was easier than NYPD's.

Leave a comment:

• Jdub
    replied
    Originally posted by broland
    The Job aside, you should try to spend a week here. Great town, can't recommend highly enough. I wish I could visit with fresh eyes.

Where in Wisco are you from?
    Whenever I get a chance to come to Chi again, it will be for a week. I just wish I could take time off from work to come because Sat and Sun would not be enough time. I'm from Milwaukee, as someone stated in one of these threads on officer.com, its like a mini-detroit, crime everywhere but I guess thats in every major city

Leave a comment:

• broland
    replied
    Originally posted by Jdub
    This was my very first time to Chicago and even though I didn't do anything, I enjoyed what I saw (should have brought a camera)
    The Job aside, you should try to spend a week here. Great town, can't recommend highly enough. I wish I could visit with fresh eyes.

Where in Wisco are you from?

Leave a comment:

• Jdub
    replied
    Originally posted by NDubs55
    I had taken that test here in Minnesota with a couple of different departments. It was the EXACT same test. As soon as I saw the answer sheet i was relieved. the second part with the numbers.... got all 100 with a minute to spare and I missed out on like 10 of those words. But, overall it was a great weekend and the weather was awesome as well. Sittin down outside at Harry Carrey's was great on Friday night and hittin up Ohio St. God I love Chicago. Can't wait to go back in a month or so. Anybody have anything to add about last weekend?
    I enjoyed myself too, even though I was only there for about 5 hours. Me and my dad was in Chicago about 11am (exam was @ 2pm) so, we tried to find somewhere to park and it was impossible lol.....I was dropped off in front of the test site about 11:30am and walked around downtown. I was amazed about everything down there especially having the subway right smack in the middle of the street...NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT...Every 20-30 minutes or so I would look up and there it was passing by...This was my very first time to Chicago and even though I didn't do anything, I enjoyed what I saw (should have brought a camera)

Leave a comment:

• hart21
    replied
    Originally posted by mrmow
    I think the test went alright as well. Didn't come close to all the word questions, and got quite a few of the numbers. I don't understand what they can really guage from a test like that.....a little vocabulary test and matching numbers? Anyways, from what I hear it's going to take about three months to get the results - is that accurate?

three months? try more like maybe sometime next year.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think the test went alright as well. Didn't come close to all the word questions, and got quite a few of the numbers. I don't understand what they can really guage from a test like that.....a little vocabulary test and matching numbers? Anyways, from what I hear it's going to take about three months to get the results - is that accurate?

Leave a comment:

• NDubs55
    replied
    I had taken that test here in Minnesota with a couple of different departments. It was the EXACT same test. As soon as I saw the answer sheet i was relieved. the second part with the numbers.... got all 100 with a minute to spare and I missed out on like 10 of those words. But, overall it was a great weekend and the weather was awesome as well. Sittin down outside at Harry Carrey's was great on Friday night and hittin up Ohio St. God I love Chicago. Can't wait to go back in a month or so. Anybody have anything to add about last weekend?

Leave a comment:

• Jdub
    replied
    I hope everyone had a good time this weekend taking the exam. I just hope I passed and can move on through the process. That first part was mad crazy imo, words I never even heard of. To the people that are going to take the exam in November, PLEASE DO NOT OVERESTIMATE THIS EXAM!! I didn't, but was hearing people that were talking before the exam on how easy this exam will be, I wonder how they did. I wish the the best of luck to my August test takers!

Leave a comment:

• CPDjock
    replied
    Originally posted by Streets31
    The biggest piece of advice I can give you,
    FOLLOW THE FRIGGIN DIRECTIONS...

If you have a doubt or a question, ASK, the 30 seconds it takes to find a monitor will save you the torture of doubting yourself until you get your results.
    I second that 100%! I got distracted during the 2004 exam and that's why I believe I failed it. As Streets said, I doubted myself for 91 days until my failing results arrived. So, I learned a lesson in a harsh way. Don't do the same to yourself. Listen, ask and most importantly follow all directions!

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• kwikmart
    replied
    Good Luck To All Taking The Test This Weekend!!!

Leave a comment:

• Streets31
    replied
    The biggest piece of advice I can give you,
    FOLLOW THE FRIGGIN DIRECTIONS...

If you have a doubt or a question, ASK, the 30 seconds it takes to find a monitor will save you the torture of doubting yourself until you get your results.

Don't write or type or do anything until someone tells you to.

Leave a comment:

• CPDjock
    replied
    ^^^^I second that 100%. Get a good nights sleep, eat something beforehand and listen to directions!

Good luck to all!

Leave a comment:

• NDubs55
    replied
    I just wanted to say "Good Luck" to everyone taking the test this weekend. Hope you all do really well. See ya there.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12208 users online. 409 members and 11799 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X