300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August Exam

How long does it take for the CPD to get out their notification for an exam. I applied in the middle of June for the August test and I am still waiting for a confirmation letter. I was just curious. If anyone knows, could you get back to me. Thanks
    "...and that was the second time I had crabs."
    "Stinks like sex in here."

I tested in Feb. My test ticket arrived just a bit over month before the exam date.

If you think this wait is bad...

Comment

I'm taking the August exam too. If you call the CPD notification testing office after hours there is a message saying that if you haven't received notification by July 24, then to call them and they will give you the information needed...So if it doesn't come by then, call.....hope this helps

Yep, I'm already prepared for this long process.....I'm just gonna keep working the job and don't even think about it

Comment

i'm prepared for the wait as well. Hey JDub, if you got the number could you PM it to me so I can call and figure out what the hell is going on. I would really appreciate it. I know it's a long wait, but i'm gonna be applying all over the place while this Chicago thing is going on. I can't stand the job i got for very much longer.

Comment

I am waiting for an August test date as well. I called last week and they said their goal was to have applicants notified by Aug 17th...obviously that hasn't happened.

Does anyone know of a way to get the Exam Information Sheet or RBH Briefing Guide? I never printed them off when I applied.

Also, how hard will this exam be? Is the hiring process moving any faster now that there are more testing dates?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mrmow
            Also, how hard will this exam be? Is the hiring process moving any faster now that there are more testing dates?

Thanks!
            There are about three threads in here that answer that question, the short answer, no.

Comment

Originally posted by NDubs55
              i'm prepared for the wait as well. Hey JDub, if you got the number could you PM it to me so I can call and figure out what the hell is going on. I would really appreciate it. I know it's a long wait, but i'm gonna be applying all over the place while this Chicago thing is going on. I can't stand the job i got for very much longer.
              NDubs55, check your pm

Comment

Just received my Notice to Report yesterday

Harold Washington College
                Doors Open @ 1:00pm
                Doors Close @ 1:30pm
                Sunday, August 6, 2006
                Anyone else get their notice to report?
                Last edited by Jdub; 07-23-2006, 12:50 AM. Reason: Forgot Date

Comment

I got mine in the mail today...I'm from WI, and want to work in a big city...any comments on CPD would be appreciated

Comment

Recieved my notice. 8 am, sunday the 6th at Wilbur Wright college. Now I just gotta get a hotel room somewhere between Wilbur Wright college and Washington college. My cousin is coming with to test. It should make for an interesting weekend. Good luck to you all. See you there!!!

Comment

Good Luck Five O and NDubs55....Hope you guys do well on the exam....Hey, Five O, I'm from Milwaukee too....

Comment

Originally posted by NDubs55
                        Recieved my notice. 8 am, sunday the 6th at Wilbur Wright college. Now I just gotta get a hotel room somewhere between Wilbur Wright college and Washington college. My cousin is coming with to test. It should make for an interesting weekend. Good luck to you all. See you there!!!
                        There's a Day's Inn on Diversey and Clark that's the half way point between both college's.

Comment

Originally posted by CPDjock
                          There's a Day's Inn on Diversey and Clark that's the half way point between both college's.
                          I live four blocks from there, great neighborhood, just don't go out boozing the night before.

Comment

A Days Inn huh? I will have to give them a call this week and see what they have open. I don't think we are going to go out boozing the night before. Probably on the Friday night before but not Saturday. If it is true from what I hear about this test being easier than the NYPD's, I don't think alcohol would hurt but i'm not taking any chances. Besides, I'm not a real big drinker. I'm gonna have to look up that address and phone number for the Days Inn. thanks for the help.

NDubs

Comment

Originally posted by Five O
                              I got mine in the mail today...I'm from WI, and want to work in a big city...any comments on CPD would be appreciated
                              Bro,

There can't be Two Five o's here. This can get confusing!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9214 users online. 462 members and 8752 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X