Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misinformed

Originally posted by kwikmart
    3 of my buddies who took the entrance exam in 2004 received the final POWER test letters yesterday. The test is on Saturday July 29 at 8 am and the class starts at the academy on August 28.
    Sorry but that doesn't sound right to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PaTience

Comment

Originally posted by PaTience
      Sorry but that doesn't sound right to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I don't care how it sounds to you. It seems as more of my posts don't sound good to you so don't read them and keep your childish comments to yourself. I don't post things for you but for everybody, and quite frankly I don't give a s--t what your opinions are. If you have something to say to me, send me a message and don't try to make me look bad here. People like you should be banned from these forums.

Comment

http://www.ptb.state.il.us/training/...iedCourses.pdf

Click on the link and go to page 39 to solve this little tiff. Class begins on 8/29/2006 kwikmart was right.

By the way best of luck to you and your friends kwikmart on the test and your careers.
        My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

Originally posted by robert2006
          [url]
          By the way best of luck to you and your friends kwikmart on the test and your careers.
          Thanks Robert and same to you.

Comment

Were there any cpd exams given in 2005?
            I LOVE the smell of flashbangs in the morning.....dont you?

si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by robert2006
              http://www.ptb.state.il.us/training/...iedCourses.pdf

Click on the link and go to page 39 to solve this little tiff. Class begins on 8/29/2006 kwikmart was right.

Would the city have any more classes over the course of this year after the Aug 28th that are not listed?

Comment

Originally posted by beard708
                Were there any cpd exams given in 2005?
                No exam was given in 2005 for CPD.
                Last edited by CPDjock; 07-20-2006, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD/2006
                  Would the city have any more classes over the course of this year after the Aug 28th that are not listed?
                  It's not impossible. I don't believe Chicago does a full 6+ months of scheduling in advance.

Of course, someone else could probably better tell you if they're done hiring after August for the year.

Comment

The original plan is to continue with the Academy for the entire year. No word on any changes yet......
                    Unless the "City" changes its mind over night!

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere
                      F.O.I.D. =Firearm Owners Identification Card. You cannot get it until you are an IL resident.

Not true. One of the officers i went to the academy with was from Wisconsin when he applied, and was able to obtain a FOID before we started the academy, while still being a resident of WIS.

Darnit, I need to get my college finished up so I can apply and get in on all of this fun.

How long was it from the time of taking the written till you did the POWER test and BI? Was the BI before the initial POWER test?
                      Last edited by M.C.S.D; 07-25-2006, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M.C.S.D
                        Not true. One of the officers i went to the academy with was from Wisconsin when he applied, and was able to obtain a FOID before we started the academy, while still being a resident of WIS.

Darnit, I need to get my college finished up so I can apply and get in on all of this fun.

How long was it from the time of taking the written till you did the POWER test and BI? Was the BI before the initial POWER test?
                        Which power test? the pre-power test or the final power test? From the written exam to the pre-power was about 5-6months. From the written exam to the Final power test...2-3yrs. And yes, you do meet with your BI before the final power test, in most cases.

Comment

I didnt realize that you take it twice.

Comment

So according to different threads the last CPD “official” academy class for the year is on Aug 28, and all applicants have been already notified to take the final power test. So do the rest of the Nov-04 people get shafted for the rest of the year?

Comment

So according to different threads the last CPD “official” academy class for the year is on Aug 28, and all applicants have been already notified to take the final power test. So do the rest of the Nov-04 people get shafted for the rest of the year?
                              Same here, same question...what happens to the rest of the '04 test takers?

Comment

I know there will be a Oct class. I don't know about Sept.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7231 users online. 354 members and 6877 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X