X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angelasdad
    replied
    now that you guys hijacked my thread...

just kidding, but, anyone got anymore idoc scoop?

Leave a comment:

• Himso
    replied
    Agreed! But it is the County way of keeping us divided. Gotta love them.

Leave a comment:

• SeVere
    replied
    Originally posted by Himso
    Severe, believe it or not, I was just informed a few days ago at roll that the ENTIRE department is being issued new IDs. Division 14 Officers which is still Corrections but part of DCSI just received new badges. "Deputy Sheriff" is the only thing on them besides Cook County Sheriff. Alot of changes since you left. The new Director just advised via memo that S.O.R.T. is being disbanded to be replaced by E.R.T. teams that will be based in all of the Max Divisions. Divsion 9 is now Supermax. We now house all the problem children from the entire compound, S.I.2, captured escapees, all the real ****bags. You would not believe how much Division 9 has tightened up. We are now known for something other than being home of the lawsuit.
    The more things change the more they remain the same. LOL. They had ERT teams when I was there. Then S.O.R.T. was created. Everything comes full circle I guess.

Well hopefully everything changes for the better.

There should not be different styles of identification, badges or uniforms for sworn personnel. Now if they want the id to identify the possessor as a C/O, I don't have a problem with that, but law enforcement agencies should not have to sort through all the id's for an agency as large as Cook County Sheriff. It really is ridiculous. CCDOC ID, DCSI ID, Sheriff's Police ID, BOOT CAMP ID, it goes on and on.

Leave a comment:

• Himso
    replied
    Severe, believe it or not, I was just informed a few days ago at roll that the ENTIRE department is being issued new IDs. Division 14 Officers which is still Corrections but part of DCSI just received new badges. "Deputy Sheriff" is the only thing on them besides Cook County Sheriff. Alot of changes since you left. The new Director just advised via memo that S.O.R.T. is being disbanded to be replaced by E.R.T. teams that will be based in all of the Max Divisions. Divsion 9 is now Supermax. We now house all the problem children from the entire compound, S.I.2, captured escapees, all the real ****bags. You would not believe how much Division 9 has tightened up. We are now known for something other than being home of the lawsuit.

Leave a comment:

• M.C.S.D
    replied
    My department is the same way. Its a way to try and keep us in line and never forget we are the bottom rope of the department. At least thats how it seems. Wee carry different badges, different uniforms, and we do not hold the title deputy at all. BS if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• SeVere
    replied
    The whole different badges, uniforms, id's etc. has always been a joke. Titles on rockers are one thing. Most departments do that i.e. detectives, sergeant etc. But for a department to change star shapes, id's and general patches because of being in a "different department" but still a member of the Sheriff's department is kind of bogus.

It has no department identity. If the department feels the need to create different titles and title codes etc, then create one badge with your title on the rocker. Identify your title on the id that looks the same through the entire department. It's not really that difficult.

One color uniform, a uniform ID and Patch, and one style badge that the ENTIRE department wears will solidify the whole department image.

Every badge in the Sheriffs' Department should reflect that the wearer is a deputy. No where on CCDOC's badge does it say deputy and even on the id card it's vertical as if the deputy part was an afterthought (which it was after the big strike).

Sheriff's Police badges should say deputy as well. All the ID Cards should reflect Deputy Sheriff (Police Officer) Deputy Sheriff (Court Services) Deputy Sheriff (Correctional Officer), etc.

I know there are some that would think there should be no distinguishing of the three, but most departments do distinguish by titles i.e. police officer and detective,.

Leave a comment:

• BigRuckuss
    replied
    Thanks You...

Leave a comment:

• Himso
    replied
    Department of Community Service and Intervention

Leave a comment:

• BigRuckuss
    replied
    What does DCSI stand for?

Leave a comment:

• Himso
    replied
    DCSI encompasses many units, EM , Female Furlough, Drug unit, SORT, SWAP, Day Reporting and others. Most are Corrections, a couple are Court Services. Even DCSI patches and Stars are different. There has always been talk of one badge, one department but I do not see it happening because if that were to happen all the Cook County Sheriff's Department juice spots (with the exception of Sheriff's Police) would be up for bid meaning that C/Os with seniority would be able to outbid the juice babies currently in Court Services or working in DCSI. Personally, I am where I want to be right now, but trust me there are other well qualified Officers in the CCDOC that deserve to be in different spots. They have put thier time in and deserve to be elsewhere if they wish to be but juice is a huge factor in deciding where people are placed or allowed to go.

Leave a comment:

• SeVere
    replied
    Court Services Position=Deputy Sheriff
    Sheriff's Police=Police Officer
    Corrections=Correctional Officer

3 different spots 3 different pay scales, patches, badges, credentials, etc. etc. For whatever reason, Court Services Deputies have always been allowed to hide behind the generic moniker "Deputy Sheriff" instead of calling them by the functional title Court Service Officer, Bailiff, Court Security, etc.

Everyone else gets a title reflecting what they do. Correctional Officer, Police Officer, Department of Community Supervision and Intervention Investigator, etc.

Court Services Identification merely says Deputy Sheriff. It never really tells you what job they do.
    Last edited by SeVere; 08-02-2006, 05:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• M.C.S.D
    replied
    See now that is NOT what I was informed of by a current Cook County Deputy who was Corrections, then Court services and now currently DCSI and who is also a union rep.

When I received my application for Cook County the form said Corrections Officer or Deputy Sheriff............. Court services was no where to be found on the form. This was November of 2004.

Leave a comment:

• SeVere
    replied
    Originally posted by Himso
    ............No juice means no Court Services in Cook County.
    And most definitely NO Sheriff's Police!

Leave a comment:

• Himso
    replied
    Negative. Cook County does not hire for Court Services through Corrections. They are totally different departments with two different unions. When you initially apply for the Sheriff's Department, the application gives you 2 options, Corrections or Court Services. After making it through the process, the Background Investigator will try to convince those without juice to switch to Corrections as employment comes faster. If you have no juice and stay with Court Services you will remain on thier list without a call. If you go to Corrections, get hired, make it through the academy you will then have two certifications, Corrections Officer and Deputy Sheriff. You would think they would hire Corrections Officers first since they are already certified and trained, think again. Alot of C/Os would love to switch over despite the fact that Corrections makes more money. You do not have to deal with prisoners and you have most nights, weekends and holidays off. You can apply for them with the Merit Board when you are a C/O by simply writing a letter to the Merit Board and stating your reason for requesting employment. You would receive a letter back placing you on the eligibility list, upon hiring your designation would change and you would lose any seniority you had. I know plenty of C/Os that have requested this and I believe they are still right where they started. No juice means no Court Services in Cook County.

Leave a comment:

• angelasdad
    replied
    i have garbage benefits now, so that really doesn't bother me oo much right now. i really haven't heard/read much about idoc's benefits (maybe since there isn't any)(and why i started this post). their pay seems to be in line with every other corrections department state or county. i am also applying at local departments as well. again just trying to keep options open.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7986 users online. 386 members and 7600 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X