X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.C.S.D
    replied
    Yeah, but their benefits are garbage.

Do you see yourself stayin in corrections long term, how about going on a PD or SO for patrol?

If you would like to work on the road one day I would suggest going with a county. While you can get into ISP from IDOC, it isnt the easiest thing in the world. Its much easier to go from a county jail to their road, specialy if they are deputized.

Leave a comment:

• angelasdad
    replied
    my first choice is with will county. i'm going through the process with them right now as well. i just want to keep my options open in case it doesn't work out. i'm not very excited about working for idoc,but, it would give me some corrections experience and maybe help a differnet job down the line.

actually after the probation period it is about the same pay for both will county and idoc. i've been told that there is plenty of overtime available for idoc as well.

Leave a comment:

• M.C.S.D
    replied
    Originally posted by Boombotz
    In cook county we have court services is the fitness\hiring process the same??? Someone help me out on this please!!

Cook county no longer hires straight for Court Services. You have to apply through corrections.

No, they do not use the POWER test.

Leave a comment:

• M.C.S.D
    replied
    Just some advice........... Go with a local county, and stay away from IDOC. They make MUCH less money, with crappier benefits, and severe understaffing. You will put up with the same crap as far as inmates no matter where you go.

Leave a comment:

• angelasdad
    replied
    still no one? i know they're having staff shortages throughout the system, but just one person on board here works for il dept. of corrections?

Leave a comment:

• Boombotz
    replied
    In cook county we have court services is the fitness\hiring process the same??? Someone help me out on this please!!

Leave a comment:

• swinans
    replied
    pay is good about 40,000 yearly,,, benefits great.. union job... just have to stand adminstrations crap...but all in all a good job..

Leave a comment:

• angelasdad
    replied
    there are no idoc employees on board here???

Leave a comment:

• Boombotz
    replied
    Yea it works now thanx it was not last night for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• angelasdad
    replied
    did they give you any idea of a hire date? which facility did you apply to?

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    Link works fine for me If it doesn't work, just type www.idoc.state.il.us and click thru the website.

Leave a comment:

• Boombotz
    replied
    Originally posted by jumbojs
    http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsecti...pp/page2.shtml

There's some of the info on this page and off to the right.

Hey Jumbojs this link does not work, double check and get back to me

Thanx

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i past the test back in Feburary now im just waiting on the call if u couldnt pass that test then thats pretty sad

Leave a comment:

• angelasdad
    replied
    i did the fitness testing last week with them...pretty basic. if you are in fairly good shape you should be fine. 3 min step test,17 push ups, hand grip test, and an 33 second obstacle course. very easy. there were some pretty heavy and out of shape people who were able to do it.

Leave a comment:

• jumbojs
    replied
    Links

http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsecti...pp/page2.shtml

There's some of the info on this page and off to the right.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4113 users online. 204 members and 3909 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X