300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.d.o.c.

Anyone here work for Illinois Department of Corrections? i'm just looking for some feedback on working for them , benefits, pay raises, working atmosphere, etc. I did their testing on friday and everthing seemed to go well. Anyone know about their training as well. They said 6 weeks of a boot camp style training, but do you get to go home on the weekends or during the week?

thanks in advance!

jim

nobody knows anything about IDOC ?

Comment

I have been looking for what is given for the fitness test nobody seems to know or at least no one has answered me.

Comment

Links

http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsecti...pp/page2.shtml

There's some of the info on this page and off to the right.

Comment

i did the fitness testing last week with them...pretty basic. if you are in fairly good shape you should be fine. 3 min step test,17 push ups, hand grip test, and an 33 second obstacle course. very easy. there were some pretty heavy and out of shape people who were able to do it.

Comment

i past the test back in Feburary now im just waiting on the call if u couldnt pass that test then thats pretty sad

Comment

Originally posted by jumbojs
              http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsecti...pp/page2.shtml

There's some of the info on this page and off to the right.

Hey Jumbojs this link does not work, double check and get back to me

Thanx

Comment

Link works fine for me If it doesn't work, just type www.idoc.state.il.us and click thru the website.
                www.saveavet.org

Comment

did they give you any idea of a hire date? which facility did you apply to?

Comment

Yea it works now thanx it was not last night for some reason.

Comment

there are no idoc employees on board here???

Comment

pay is good about 40,000 yearly,,, benefits great.. union job... just have to stand adminstrations crap...but all in all a good job..

Comment

In cook county we have court services is the fitness\hiring process the same??? Someone help me out on this please!!

Comment

still no one? i know they're having staff shortages throughout the system, but just one person on board here works for il dept. of corrections?

Comment

Just some advice........... Go with a local county, and stay away from IDOC. They make MUCH less money, with crappier benefits, and severe understaffing. You will put up with the same crap as far as inmates no matter where you go.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10527 users online. 492 members and 10035 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X