Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tecumseh
    replied
    I heard the Cook County Corrections test was vastly different than the POWER test.

Leave a comment:

• Boombotz
    replied
    When you take the fitness test for C/O what are they I have no clue, unless they are the same for an officer

.98% of weight bench
    36 situps
    16 inch sit and reach
    1.5 mile run

???

Leave a comment:

• M.C.S.D
    replied
    Nevermind.....
    Last edited by D.T.O.M; 04-14-2016, 08:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Himso
    replied
    If you want to be a road Deputy, obviously Corrections would not make you happy anywhere. I hope you find a spot somewhere. Most Chicago Officers I know love thier jobs so I would give them a shot. I have a few years on the job and have proven to always be a first responder so my details are now pretty decent. I guess that is why my opinion of CCDOC is pretty decent. There was a hiring freeze for awhile and that is probably why you did not get called. That changed with a Federal Court order advising the Department that they had to hire additional staff. they now can't hire fast enough.

Leave a comment:

• jumbojs
    replied
    Yes

Originally posted by Himso
    I've been in nothing but max for over five years and 6 to me is quiet! LOL. Division 2 is not all that easy either. It is minimum security but they get aprroximately 100 to 200 new inmates per night. When I was in the academy it was still run by Corrections and was tough. It was not a "hands off"Academy like it is now. I'm sure you have heard that over and over.
    I you worked in max, 6 would seem quite. I agree however that no matter where you work they can all be tough.

Leave a comment:

• SeVere
    replied
    Originally posted by M.C.S.D
    Thanks for somem of the info. I have some "juice" to get on, but I REALLY do not want to start in corrections in Cook County. I work corrections now, and would just say screw it and apply with CPD and work here till I get it before I would do corrections for Cook County. Its a good job dont get me wrong, but Ive seen what its like, and wouldnt wanna be a C/O there. Specialy Division 6, which is where I know they would throw me, caus Im a big guy.

My only problem is I need to get in a lil better shape before I get in for the CPD testing, and I need to finish my college, still got about a year and a half left.

Looks like im stuck here for right now.
    Size has nothing to do with where you get assigned. Also, there are worse divisions than division 6.

Leave a comment:

• M.C.S.D
    replied
    Nevermind.....
    Last edited by D.T.O.M; 04-14-2016, 08:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Himso
    replied
    I've been in nothing but max for over five years and 6 to me is quiet! LOL. Division 2 is not all that easy either. It is minimum security but they get aprroximately 100 to 200 new inmates per night. When I was in the academy it was still run by Corrections and was tough. It was not a "hands off"Academy like it is now. I'm sure you have heard that over and over.

Leave a comment:

• jumbojs
    replied
    Hello

Division 6 is medium security and it's not all that quiet. Division 2 is where you want to go if you want it easy. The academy for corrections was tough. I think it's a little harder that courts from what I heard.

Leave a comment:

• Himso
    replied
    It is all the same testing procedure for Courts and Corrections. The academies are different. Division 6 is where alot of people want to go. Its pretty quiet. 10 and 11 are max. 9 is max and where they send all the problem children.

Leave a comment:

• Boombotz
    replied
    Are the fitness standards the same for C/O or Courts servies??? I never really looked into that.

Leave a comment:

• BigRuckuss
    replied
    Originally posted by M.C.S.D
    Thanks for somem of the info. I have some "juice" to get on, but I REALLY do not want to start in corrections in Cook County. I work corrections now, and would just say screw it and apply with CPD and work here till I get it before I would do corrections for Cook County. Its a good job dont get me wrong, but Ive seen what its like, and wouldnt wanna be a C/O there. Specialy Division 6, which is where I know they would throw me, caus Im a big guy.

My only problem is I need to get in a lil better shape before I get in for the CPD testing, and I need to finish my college, still got about a year and a half left.

Looks like im stuck here for right now.
    Is the facility at 26th and Cal in division 6? I'm a big guy too...they would probably put me there...

Just curious as to what reasons in specific would deter you from CCDOC? Besides the obvious...how do you like workin gin corrections in general?

Thanks for all the great info guys!

Leave a comment:

• M.C.S.D
    replied
    Nevermind....
    Last edited by D.T.O.M; 04-14-2016, 08:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• robert2006
    replied
    1st saturday in November is the application drive where all applications are given out. Your test date is assigned according to the order in which your application is recieved.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by BigRuckuss
    Anybody have an idea when Cook County DOC will be testing next?
    Every November dont kno the exact day but every year in November

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5296 users online. 217 members and 5079 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X