Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cook County Court Deputies

Nevermind....
    Last edited by D.T.O.M; 04-14-2016, 07:09 PM.

How hard do you see it being getting hired to court services?
    How much "juice" do you have? I know this from the experience of 3 people I know that are on Court Services, without a "phone call", they probably wouldn't be on right now. You are just as well off going for CPD at the same time. Both can take about as long to go through and you better your chances. Go from the experiences of the people testing now, it takes YEARS at times for CPD. So start testing now cause who knows what the future holds.
    www.saveavet.org

Comment

Absolutely correct about the juice. DCSI covers many units such as EM, Female Furlough, Fugitives, Gang Intel, Canine, and Division 14 which is the Drug Unit. All are available through DOC. In fact most of the these units are comprised of Officers from DOC. SWAP is part of Court Services and is a Juice job. I would give DOC a shot. You have a better chance of being hired quickly and the pay is better. Medical benefits are excellent.

Comment

Anybody have an idea when Cook County DOC will be testing next?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRuckuss
          Anybody have an idea when Cook County DOC will be testing next?
          Every November dont kno the exact day but every year in November

Comment

1st saturday in November is the application drive where all applications are given out. Your test date is assigned according to the order in which your application is recieved.
            My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

Nevermind....

Comment

Originally posted by M.C.S.D
                Thanks for somem of the info. I have some "juice" to get on, but I REALLY do not want to start in corrections in Cook County. I work corrections now, and would just say screw it and apply with CPD and work here till I get it before I would do corrections for Cook County. Its a good job dont get me wrong, but Ive seen what its like, and wouldnt wanna be a C/O there. Specialy Division 6, which is where I know they would throw me, caus Im a big guy.

My only problem is I need to get in a lil better shape before I get in for the CPD testing, and I need to finish my college, still got about a year and a half left.

Looks like im stuck here for right now.
                Is the facility at 26th and Cal in division 6? I'm a big guy too...they would probably put me there...

Just curious as to what reasons in specific would deter you from CCDOC? Besides the obvious...how do you like workin gin corrections in general?

Thanks for all the great info guys!

Comment

Are the fitness standards the same for C/O or Courts servies??? I never really looked into that.

Comment

It is all the same testing procedure for Courts and Corrections. The academies are different. Division 6 is where alot of people want to go. Its pretty quiet. 10 and 11 are max. 9 is max and where they send all the problem children.

Comment

Hello

Division 6 is medium security and it's not all that quiet. Division 2 is where you want to go if you want it easy. The academy for corrections was tough. I think it's a little harder that courts from what I heard.

Comment

I've been in nothing but max for over five years and 6 to me is quiet! LOL. Division 2 is not all that easy either. It is minimum security but they get aprroximately 100 to 200 new inmates per night. When I was in the academy it was still run by Corrections and was tough. It was not a "hands off"Academy like it is now. I'm sure you have heard that over and over.

Comment

Nevermind.....

Comment

Originally posted by M.C.S.D
                            Thanks for somem of the info. I have some "juice" to get on, but I REALLY do not want to start in corrections in Cook County. I work corrections now, and would just say screw it and apply with CPD and work here till I get it before I would do corrections for Cook County. Its a good job dont get me wrong, but Ive seen what its like, and wouldnt wanna be a C/O there. Specialy Division 6, which is where I know they would throw me, caus Im a big guy.

My only problem is I need to get in a lil better shape before I get in for the CPD testing, and I need to finish my college, still got about a year and a half left.

Looks like im stuck here for right now.
                            Size has nothing to do with where you get assigned. Also, there are worse divisions than division 6.

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by Himso
                              I've been in nothing but max for over five years and 6 to me is quiet! LOL. Division 2 is not all that easy either. It is minimum security but they get aprroximately 100 to 200 new inmates per night. When I was in the academy it was still run by Corrections and was tough. It was not a "hands off"Academy like it is now. I'm sure you have heard that over and over.
                              I you worked in max, 6 would seem quite. I agree however that no matter where you work they can all be tough.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9209 users online. 434 members and 8775 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X