300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naperville PD Questions

I'm applying for Chicago, but noticed that Naperville is also hiring. I thought I might give them a shot as well. Anyone have any feedback on working there?

Thanks!

Please note they require a 4-year Degree.

Comment

It's about as 180 degrees of working in Chicago as you can get. All I will say is some Police don't have a real high opinion of some things that go on in NPD. They are known as a Dept. that would "write their own mother". Also, I won't go into details, they DUI'ed one of their own guys by sitting out in front of the bar they knew he was at. Not going to tell you to apply, or not apply, just be aware it is a VEEEERRRYYYYY different world in that place. If you think you have more of a CPD mentality (which I do, I'm there to have fun, kick some butt (not literally, I'm mean good arrests, etc...lol), bust balls with the guys and want to do my job without hot air always down my collar) then CPD IS for you, and NPD is NOT.
      www.saveavet.org

Comment

It's about as 180 degrees of working in Chicago as you can get. All I will say is some Police don't have a real high opinion of some things that go on in NPD. They are known as a Dept. that would "write their own mother". Also, I won't go into details, they DUI'ed one of their own guys by sitting out in front of the bar they knew he was at. Not going to tell you to apply, or not apply, just be aware it is a VEEEERRRYYYYY different world in that place. If you think you have more of a CPD mentality (which I do, I'm there to have fun, kick some butt (not literally, I'm mean good arrests, etc...lol), bust balls with the guys and want to do my job without hot air always down my collar) then CPD IS for you, and NPD is NOT.

I'm a city guy, born & raised. I probably wouldn't deal as well with that type of department as I would with CPD. It was just a thought, but obviously CPD is my first choice and I will do all i can to get on there.

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop

You make some very good points. I heard all about what goes on at the NPD.

Comment

Its a good department with good pay. There are many more units to go to from patrol then other depts. have. Not the biggest crimes but overall a well run department.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8825 users online. 386 members and 8439 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X