300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McHenry County Sheriffs Office

Has anyone heard if they started hiring from their current hiring process for deputies? It has been over 3 months since I had the oral interview (and passed it) and I haven't heard when they might start hiring. Any information that you have would be great. Thanks!

see how mchenry county hires is the chief picks the people out. He does not go by rank or anythng of that nature.

Comment

Thats what we were told at the orientation. But, I haven't heard if he started hiring yet? Do you know when they will start picking from the list, yet? Thanks

Comment

They just hired 2 new deputies about a month ago, they are in PTI right now.

It will probably be a while before anything is heard for more deputies.

Corrections is the department that is REALLY hiring right now. We are short alot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by M.C.S.D

Corrections is the department that is REALLY hiring right now. We are short alot of people.
          Whn will they start testing for corrections?

Scott

Comment

I havent heard a test date yet, but I know they are currently taking applications for Corrections and Deputies.

If I find out testing dates, Ill let yall know.

Im sure they will be hiring even more because we are having 4 officers being promoted to Sgt., 1 Sgt. to LT, and a Lt. is becoming a Captain. So we will need more officers on top of us being short staffed as it is.

Comment

M.C.S.D.,
              Thanks for the update. Is there a reason why it might be awhile until they hire new deputies? At our orientation we were told that they will be hiring 12 people from this hiring process. Thanks again.

Comment

One Deputy from our department just lateral transferred to McHenry County the begining of June.

Comment

I havent heard a test date yet, but I know they are currently taking applications for Corrections and Deputies.

If I find out testing dates, Ill let yall know.
                  BlueLine has another posting for them seeking Deputies, orientation in Oct. I'm debating applying as I don't know much about the dept.

Comment

Originally posted by Unsworn
                    BlueLine has another posting for them seeking Deputies, orientation in Oct. I'm debating applying as I don't know much about the dept.
                    I sent my application in for both corrections and deputy. You think they would let me test both?

Scott

Comment

I put in a application for court security and its been over six months nothing yet but then I am in Cook.

Comment

Being in cook doesnt mean anything. I lived in cook when I was hired there.

As far as Courts go, they tend to hire ex police, and older individuals. You know, the retired group.

Comment

Yea im a young buck might be to much to handle. What's there training like.

Comment

Im not 100% as far as court services, but I think that the training for them is done in house. Which is why they like to hire retired or former officers. Im not completely sure on that, but I know they do in house training for them.

Both Corrections and Patrol go through U of I's PTI though.

Comment

hockeyfan05-
                              i have tested twice w/mcsd so i can give you a little insight what i have experienced testing for deputy. i will skip all the details but in a nut shell the sheriff can start a new testing process even if the current list is still good regardless of the posting date . when you go for your psych. test there will be 3 other canadates w/u, 1 out of the 3 will fail automatically. the people who i know that work there tell me is a great place to work at.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9298 users online. 320 members and 8978 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X