300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurry Up And Wait

OK, IT HAS BEEN 3 AND A HALF MONTHS; 14 WEEKS TO BE EXACT AND STILL NO ANSWER. I THINK THERE IS MORE OF A CHANCE THAT A METEOR WILL HIT EARTH BEFORE WE GET OUR LETTERS...LMAO

Originally posted by 0206CPDAPPL
    OK, IT HAS BEEN 3 AND A HALF MONTHS; 14 WEEKS TO BE EXACT AND STILL NO ANSWER. I THINK THERE IS MORE OF A CHANCE THAT A METEOR WILL HIT EARTH BEFORE WE GET OUR LETTERS...LMAO

My guess is that there waiting to give the next test on June 4th before they give out any results from Feb..

Comment

Whats the next holiday? Forth of July? Wait untill after the 4th......then start checking the mailboxes....I bet we dont see anything till after the 4th
      I LOVE the smell of flashbangs in the morning.....dont you?

si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by beard708
        Whats the next holiday? Forth of July? Wait untill after the 4th......then start checking the mailboxes....I bet we dont see anything till after the 4th
        yeah its rather stupid that these letters havent been mailed out. I think after we hit the 60 day mark I stopped worrying and checking my mail.
        Maybe in August sometime we will hear something

Though yeah the fact they have the test results and just arent mailing them is rather annoying

Comment

Relax . . .

Enjoy the warm weather and holiday weekend. Whether they mail out the results today or next month the process still takes 2-3 years . . .

Comment

i'm thinking they're gonna send 'em out once everyone has taken the test

Comment

Originally posted by Guido
              i'm thinking they're gonna send 'em out once everyone has taken the test
              if you mean until all the test for 2006 are given then no one would hear about their written results until March 2007 since there is a test in November

but whatever im not even thinking about this anymore I just go on with my day and keep working out so if I do end up getting to the powertest it wont be a issue

Comment

Originally posted by hart21

but whatever im not even thinking about this anymore I just go on with my day and keep working out so if I do end up getting to the powertest it wont be a issue
                I would say stop worrying about the mail and use all this time to make sure you get into the best shape you can for if or when you get to the powertest. Worrying and getting upset over the results aren't going to make them come faster.

Comment

LOL

I submitted my physical renewal on June 30, 2005.
                  My physical renewal date was Oct. 12, 2005.
                  My application was send Oct. 12, 2005 (by overnight courier)
                  My interview date was Feb. 14, 2006.
                  My psych was Mar. 3, 2006.

Haven't heard from them since.

I laugh at your 3.5 months!
                  Thank God I have a job!

Comment

I waited almost 3 years. in the early 90's when 90,000 people took the test some waited 6 to 7 years.
                    trust me, dont stalk the mailbox, and just keep on doing what you are doing, stay out of trouble and the process will move along.

Comment

Just a thought...

Maybe they are waiting for a larger pool to have a power test. If the city is giving four tests now they will have to raise the standard of who they accept or hire faster. Well hire faster doesn't seem to apply so my guess is that they raised the passing score and now they don't have enough people to run a power test efficiently. Just guessing like everyone else. If they didn't raise the score requirement I feel bad for anyone taking the test after february because it will take 4-5 years for them.
                      Feb 18 2006 Written Test

Comment

Originally posted by hart21
                        Though yeah the fact they have the test results and just arent mailing them is rather annoying
                        I agree 100%! If they weren't planning to mail them until summer they should've said so in the beginning, instead they said(per the recruit recording) they would be mailed in April, then May, then "soon". Whatever that means...

Also, it seems like having taken it on the computer actually slowed down the process considering in the past the results have been mailed in less than 90 days of the administration of the exam.

I don't see why they just don't mail the results and say that the PT is "TBA". At least that would put us test takers at ease about whether or not we passed.

As long as we all passed, that's all that matters!

Comment

Originally posted by CPDjock
                          I agree 100%! If they weren't planning to mail them until summer they should've said so in the beginning, instead they said(per the recruit recording) they would be mailed in April, then May, then "soon". Whatever that means...

Also, it seems like having taken it on the computer actually slowed down the process considering in the past the results have been mailed in less than 90 days of the administration of the exam.

I don't see why they just don't mail the results and say that the PT is "TBA". At least that would put us test takers at ease about whether or not we passed.

As long as we all passed, that's all that matters!

agreed as long as we all passed we can laugh about how much we bitched about the written at the PT....so im keeping my fingers crossed

Comment

what gets me though is that they have had the results for quite some time now. Why are they waiting is my question? Also seeing that they are very short of officers.

Comment

Get used to waiting. This is the way it is on the Department as well. All I can say is get used to it. It is the Chicago way. Hurry up and wait.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7673 users online. 366 members and 7307 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X