300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CPDis4ME
    and to your response dogcop, you are in an entirely different situation than the rest of us. you have a job, thats the difference! waiting for these results is really starting to mess with my career goals. chicago is my first choice, however i could go out to the phoenix area and have a job within 3 months. so save us the fatherly speech and let us vent our frusteration towards a system that has to this point put my life in limbo!

Where do I begin?

Do you think we all started out with Law Enforcement jobs? Guess again. Go out to Phoenix and don't look back! If you can get a law enforcement job in 3 months from Phoenix go get it. Believe it or not Chicago will survive without you. Phoenix is a good area.

Go out there and pursue your dreams. Don't put your life in limbo because if you really can get this job in Phoenix in three months like it's a sure thing, you are a fool to sit here and wait for a position that you may or MAY NOT get.

Go with what you know for sure. Don't wait for this job to hire you, not make it, and then become bitter because you had your chance in Phoenix and didn't take it.

Go with Phoenix, in three months you will have a job and probably will never look back.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by SeVere; 05-31-2006, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Hurry Up And Wait

YOu can always apply with the St. Louis County PD. We are hiring and it only takes 4 or 5 months to get hired. We have a force of over 700 officers. Plus Chicago is only about 4 1/2 hours away!

Comment

Originally posted by STLCPD
        YOu can always apply with the St. Louis County PD. We are hiring and it only takes 4 or 5 months to get hired. We have a force of over 700 officers. Plus Chicago is only about 4 1/2 hours away!

you guys down in St louis deal with a ton of heat. I couldnt believe when i was in school in carbondale that it was still almost 80 in november

Comment

Although brutally honest, SeVere is right. Take whatever opportunity comes across and if your heart's really with CPD, then you'll take it if the opportunity ever comes.

Comment

that seems simple, however just taking whatever comes first is not always a good idea either. to make it more complicated, having a 3+ year relationship doesnt help the decision making either.

Comment

but i do think your opinions would be the most beneficial for me...

Comment

Originally posted by CPDis4ME
                that seems simple, however just taking whatever comes first is not always a good idea either. to make it more complicated, having a 3+ year relationship doesnt help the decision making either.
                like SeVere said, if you have an opportunity with phoenix right now - and if that's your second option next to CPD -, then take it, b/c nothing is guaranteed with CPD no matter how qualified you think you are

Comment

Originally posted by Guido
                  b/c nothing is guaranteed with CPD no matter how qualified you think you are
                  God knows...

Comment

I agree with SeVere and copdog. If you truly want Chicago PD and nothing else, than bite your lip and stick through the process to see if you are hired. If all you want is a job as some of your posts mention, then go down to Phoenix and start working. It is all about what YOU want, and what you are willing to go through and do. To blame the City is ridiculous; heck, they might not even hire you!

Just wanted to get my .02 in there.

K9

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                      Recruiters and BI's will look on sites like this, MySpace, etc. [...] All I'm saying is there is no such this as being "unknown" in an "on-line world" and just beware who might be reading what you write and who might make a connection.
                      Sorry to bump a year-old thread, but has CPD actually used MySpace during the Background Investigation or Interview?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7303 users online. 396 members and 6907 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X