Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am not trying to be rude or anything, but everyone's opinion seems to be just that, an opinion. why dont we just call the third party tester and ask them??? wasnt the company called Ernst & Young?

Comment

Originally posted by CPDis4ME
      i am not trying to be rude or anything, but everyone's opinion seems to be just that, an opinion. why dont we just call the third party tester and ask them??? wasnt the company called Ernst & Young?

If you think the City does not control when those results are mailed think again. It's the City's call not Ernst & Young's.

Comment

Not sure if it's an age thing or what, I'm not old (younger 30's) and have been a cop close to 10 years. I can't believe how many phone calls I see you guys making. The basic thing to any Police process is a long wait and patience. The calls do nothing but tie up people that are trying to complete the process in the first place. Even a fast process for any PD will take several months, now you go to something as large as Chicago, it is easy to see why it takes time. Yes, we would all like quick answers, and I agree some of the processes seem to drag, but you will get it when you get it. Not by calling 3rd party companies, and etc. Just my opinion, but it is old when thread after thread has to do with "how much longer".
        www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop
          Not sure if it's an age thing or what, I'm not old (younger 30's) and have been a cop close to 10 years. I can't believe how many phone calls I see you guys making. The basic thing to any Police process is a long wait and patience. The calls do nothing but tie up people that are trying to complete the process in the first place. Even a fast process for any PD will take several months, now you go to something as large as Chicago, it is easy to see why it takes time. Yes, we would all like quick answers, and I agree some of the processes seem to drag, but you will get it when you get it. Not by calling 3rd party companies, and etc. Just my opinion, but it is old when thread after thread has to do with "how much longer".
          The funny thing is the big hurry to get on and once they do get on from day one, they can't wait to get off the job. LOL!

Comment

When I took the test in '04 the first thing they told us is that it takes up to two years to get accepted into the academy. I wasn't even concerned about when I got my results from the written because I knew I was in for the long haul. If you are freaking out already, you have a long way to go, I waited 8 months between certain parts of the test. Remember, this is the second largest police department in the world, they have more to deal with than smaller departments.

Just save money and stay in shape, if it is meant to be, it is meant to be.
            "patiently waiting"

Comment

actually, I have called the city. they claim they have nothing to do with the whole test grading or mailing process. so if you wanted to get right down to the bottom of it, thats who you should be calling.

Comment

and to your response dogcop, you are in an entirely different situation than the rest of us. you have a job, thats the difference! waiting for these results is really starting to mess with my career goals. chicago is my first choice, however i could go out to the phoenix area and have a job within 3 months. so save us the fatherly speech and let us vent our frusteration towards a system that has to this point put my life in limbo!

Comment

and to your response dogcop, you are in an entirely different situation than the rest of us. you have a job
                  Exactly, point being, listen to us on 'the Job', such as Severe and others. We have been there done that and are trying to tell you guys the reality.
                  waiting for these results is really starting to mess with my career goals. chicago is my first choice, however i could go out to the phoenix area and have a job within 3 months.
                  Should pursue it also. Now I know people in the Phoenix area, I kind of doubt this claim, but if in your case it is true, you should get yourself in the system out there too. It will be warmer and people will be nicer
                  so save us the fatherly speech and let us vent our frusteration towards a system that has to this point put my life in limbo!
                  The only one putting yourself in limbo is you. Keep your options and progress open. The City did not hide how long it would take. I think what some of us are trying to say is that it isn't worth getting worked up over. Just make sure that you get your "frustration" out in a means like this, and try not to reveal too much personal info. Recruiters and BI's will look on sites like this, MySpace, etc. I know one guy on this site stated he is going to work for a 'Burb, and is going thru the Acad for them, but as soon as the City calls, he is gone. Well, hope no BI from that Burb is ever on this site and puts 1 and 1 together. All I'm saying is there is no such this as being "unknown" in an "on-line world" and just beware who might be reading what you write and who might make a connection. So my non-fatherly advice is "tread lightly, you never know who is reading".
                  Last edited by dogcop; 05-31-2006, 11:52 AM.
                  www.saveavet.org

Comment

and to your response dogcop, you are in an entirely different situation than the rest of us. you have a job, thats the difference! waiting for these results is really starting to mess with my career goals. chicago is my first choice, however i could go out to the phoenix area and have a job within 3 months. so save us the fatherly speech and let us vent our frusteration towards a system that has to this point put my life in limbo!
                    How has the City put your life in limbo? They tell you that the wait is long, period. As far as them messing with your career goals, if you want this job, then man-up and go get it. It is that simple. If you have to pump gas or wait tables for a year or so, then that is what you have to do. Don't get frustrated with the City, it is not their fault, it is just a fact of life.
                    "patiently waiting"

Comment

man-up. alright denzel! i dont know what your situation is, but i dont have the luxury of making $40,000 and i dont live with my parents, so waiting tables for 3 years doesnt really cut it.. the problem is not seeing the whole process through. the problem is waiting for these test results because they are really the only thing you could not pass (throughout the whole process) as long as you have nothing to hide and are athletic enough to pass all of the power tests. if you can do that stuff, eventually you will be hired. but eventually doesn't fit the bill for EVERYONE.

Comment

man-up. alright denzel! i dont know what your situation is, but i dont have the luxury of making $40,000 and i dont live with my parents, so waiting tables for 3 years doesnt really cut it.. the problem is not seeing the whole process through. the problem is waiting for these test results because they are really the only thing you could not pass (throughout the whole process) as long as you have nothing to hide and are athletic enough to pass all of the power tests. if you can do that stuff, eventually you will be hired. but eventually doesn't fit the bill for EVERYONE.
                        while I totally hear you as as long as you pass the written and have nothing to hide you have a good chance at getting hired the best thing to do is look at other departments. im testing for the LAPD
                        its a long long process keep your head up...im hoping that all of us that took the Feb written that want this job will get the green light for the powertest

Comment

your right

Comment

dont forget the psych exam, surprisingly a lot of applicants fail that too

Comment

yeah i have heard the psych exam can be pretty tough, but honestly i think as long as you dont psych yourself out too much and just answer honestly throughout the exam and ENTIRE process, anyone should be able to pass it. this is only an assumption, but i would have to assume that people fail the psych exam when the tester asks them a question and then they answer different then the previous time--thats when trouble would occur, I THINK.

Comment

Originally posted by hart21
                                while I totally hear you as as long as you pass the written and have nothing to hide you have a good chance at getting hired the best thing to do is look at other departments. im testing for the LAPD
                                its a long long process keep your head up...im hoping that all of us that took the Feb written that want this job will get the green light for the powertest
                                Hart's exactly correct...keep your options open with different depts. i have a psych exam for wheeling pd and in a month i have the written and power test for the San Diego PD. Just keep you options open. Granted i would rather be in Chicago than any other city...b/c there aint no other city like good old CHICAGO!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10861 users online. 538 members and 10323 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X