Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1995 exam's cutoff was 89. Of the over 1800 that passed with over an 89 over 1600 of those were non-minority males. It will be interesting to see who's processed from this exam.

Comment

Originally posted by CPDjock
      The 1995 exam's cutoff was 89. Of the over 1800 that passed with over an 89 over 1600 of those were non-minority males. It will be interesting to see who's processed from this exam.
      All true CPDJock.

The 1995 exam was scored similar to the CPD exams, having different grades...Well Qualified, Qualified, etc. Historically, 90 - 100 was Well Qualified, 70 - 89 was qualified. It's only fair that higher scorers get called first. However, when the 1995 results were analysed, the Well Qualified group (90-100) had very small minority numbers. So they dropped the Well Qualified cutoff to 89 and included more minorities. This group were called in order of the last digit of their SSN. They started at "6", which I believe was a random drawing. The whole Well Qualified list was processed for hire, and they are still well into the Qualified list at the moment.

The new test is PASS/FAIL. An applicant with the minimum passing score will be treated the same as an applicant with a perfect score. It doesn't get more unAmerican than that. How will people be chosen for further processing? Will the Alderman have a say? Democratic machine? The various so-called "Churches?" I predict you'll see 3 differnet lists, white, black and Spanish, 30% from each list in each Academy class.

It's a shame that the City and CFD have bowed before the altar of political correctness and appeased the various professional victims groups.

Fair testing and equal opportunity are the American way. Equal results on testing based on race is bordering on Communism !!!

Rant over.
      Christ, you know it ain't easy...

Comment

Does anyone know when our CFD results are coming?

Comment

Has anyone begin processing from the May 2006 exam?

I received my results about three months ago and nothing since.

Comment

Originally posted by CPDjock
            Has anyone begin processing from the May 2006 exam?

I received my results about three months ago and nothing since.
            Whats your number? Mine was in the 11,000's...so I don't plan to be processed...well....ever

Comment

Holy smokes, mine was a few thousand higher than that. The letter stated that they were randomly assigned, which makes sense.

Let's not sweat it and see what happens. I was just wondering if the ball was rolling for anyone yet. Thanks for responding!

Comment

I'm in the 700s and I have not received anything yet.

Comment

Has anyone began processing from the 2006 Chicago Fire Department exam yet?

Comment

Question... why do people consider either police or fire? The two are VERY different. You either want to get those breaking the law or you want to fight fires and perform medic stuff. It's like saying I'll be a doctor OR and lawyer...very different professions. Just curious.

Comment

My number for the CFD test in 2006 was something crazy; 20,000. It's supposed to be a randomly assigned number and could mean nothing. I realize there are some big racial issues and people say the test is biased, but this doesn't make sense. When the test is given, our SSN should be the only identifier. No race, no gender. Then take the highest scores and go from there. How is a test biased against a race or gender? I'm curious to know the answer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11031 users online. 467 members and 10564 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X