300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFD apply online?

Anyone know the link to the application to the CFD app. The site has a link but it keeps sending you back to their home page.

decide to change jobs already??

Comment

lol, just tryin everything I can get. First choice has always been Law E.

Comment

Originally posted by buffness
        lol, just tryin everything I can get. First choice has always been Law E.
        For the Feb CPD test I had the same problem till I emailed them and they added the link

Comment

CFD Applications Are Out Wednesday

Here is some info on the CFD test... the application is not available until Wednesday.

http://egov.cityofchicago.org/webpor.../CFDExam06.pdf

Comment

Good luck to all those taking the CFD exam today and tomorrow!

I'm taking mine today!

Comment

CFD Results

I just read online that the Chicago Fire Department wants to start hiring off of this new list by this fall... I wonder if they will take as long as the CPD to get the results back.

I took the test this morning... much easier than the CPD exam.

Comment

Where did you read that?

I agree! It was a whole lot easier than the CPD exam.

Comment

CFD Story

I should have posted this earlier.... WBBM-AM ran this earlier today.

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/40116.php?

Good luck to everyone who tested this week!

Comment

They definitely need to hire some young blood very soon as the average age for a CFD recruit is 33. This is probably a high priority in getting the applicants ready to be hired. Anyone have an idea as to how they are going to select who gets hired?
                    My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

Originally posted by robert2006
                      Anyone have an idea as to how they are going to select who gets hired?
                      Randomly suppossedly.

Comment

If CFD is serious about hiring the first new hires from this exam by the fall that might speed up CPD's hiring process. I doubt they would want to lose the amount of applicants they would lose if those same applicants were hired by CFD first.

Also, CPD would run the risk of losing applicants that are on the list for hire, recruits in the academy now and current CPD officers. It could create a staffing problem all the way around.

Although, I read that CFD is only planning to hire around 1200 people out of over 25,000 applicants. So, I guess time will tell...
                        Last edited by CPDjock; 05-27-2006, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by robert2006
                          They definitely need to hire some young blood very soon as the average age for a CFD recruit is 33. This is probably a high priority in getting the applicants ready to be hired. Anyone have an idea as to how they are going to select who gets hired?
                          The exam was pass/fail. However, I wonder if it actually scored and those scores are kept private. The city got a lot of flack for the way the 1995 exam was scored. They only processed people that scored over 89%. People who got less than that were up-in-arms claiming various reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by CPDjock
                            If CFD is serious about hiring the first new hires from this exam by the fall that might speed up CPD's hiring process. I doubt they would want to lose the amount of applicants they would lose if those same applicants were hired by CFD first.

Also, CPD would run the risk of losing applicants that are on the list for hire, recruits in the academy now and current CPD officers. It could create a staffing problem all the way around.

Although, I read that CFD is only planning to hire around 1200 people out of over 25,000 applicants. So, I guess time will tell...
                            I would hope this would at least make the CPD send out the written results a bit faster.

Comment

The exam may have been Pass/Fail but I bet they didn't tell you what the Pass/Fail cutoff score is !!!

They'll wait until all the scores are tabulated, then cross referenced against any grievance group, then run through the various professional "victims" groups and their advocates....then they'll announce what the passing score is. Various questions may have to be "weighted" to ensure there is no "disparate impact" too.

If you want a CFD job, then get used to the BS. It's even worse if you try for promotion.

Best advice is to go out and get your EMT-B license. Then keep it current, you may be sitting on the list for a few years.
                              Christ, you know it ain't easy...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9391 users online. 450 members and 8941 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X