Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too took the January test in Chicago and am tentatively scheduled to start the academy in August (pending medical/vision).

Considering you took the test with me in January and were not selected to move forward in the process, the chances of getting pulled from the pool are not very likely.

At the time when the Merit Board pulled people from the pool for BI, there were approximately 500 people in the pool. I don't know how many people they pulled for BI, but following BIs they invited 80 for interviews and planned to certify 70 for hiring. What I did not like about the application process is that the merit board does not give you any idea of where in the pool you are banded.

As for veterans at the Springfield testing, my impression was that a good 1/3 of the room raised their hands as veterans.

My background: Two bachelor degrees, Master's by August, some prior LE experience, prior active duty army officer

Best of luck to you and do what it takes to make yourself as competitive as you can be
    Last edited by warrior1978; 06-15-2006, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Just curious to know if anyone has received any results from the medical testing, and a final letter of invitation? I have not received anything yet.

Another person in our class e-mailed me saying she received her physical directly from the Occupational clinic, but nothing from the state yet.

Thanks.

Comment

ISP Academy

Got my physical results from the clinc on friday, but nothing from the state yet. I figure we should find out something really soon!

Comment

ISP Academy

My letter finally arrived. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! Let the pain begin.

Comment

Congratulations STL!!!...
            I got mine too. What a relief!

Have a good couple of weeks and I'll see you at the Academy!

Comment

I got the letter too!

Comment

I'm in the process of applying with ISP. At this stage in the game I have completed the PERC card info and I am awaiting a rescheduled physical testing exam date confirmation.

I have a few Q's:

1.) What can be expected from the written exam?

2.) How is the BI conducted? Do they use the 3-D method?

Any replies on here or via PM would be appreciated. I'm scheduled to do a ride along in the next two weeks as well.

Comment

I never had to do any perc card stuff before I took the exam.

Comment

The PERC card I was given at the District HQ was the generally employment inquiry card that I mailed to Springfield (I believe it's also available online)...Name/DOB/SS/sign your life away/ever been arrested/etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7118 users online. 337 members and 6781 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X