300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only for the CPD Feb 06 Test

Thought I would start a thread for all of the Feb. 06 test takers! We can all chat here and talk about our test and results once they come in here! And all of our anxious waiting thoughts...lol

good idea starting a new thread

the next month or so is going to seem like forever

Comment

Originally posted by hart21
      the next month or so is going to seem like forever
      Don't be surprised if it's longer then that.

Comment

Good Luck guys! remember to keep training for the physical and be consistent on the psych. exam.

Comment

Physical Test

Good idea starting this thread! I took the test Sunday AM at Wilber Wright College on the NW side. I'm still kind of confused on the whole testing process.... now that the written part is over, am I right to assume that everyone who gets a good enough grade will be asked to take the physical POWER test? What happens after that? I feel dumb asking these basic questions... but everyone, including current CPD cops have different stories...

Thanks!

Comment

Radio,
            After the POWER Test comes the Pysch, then I think the Medical, then Background. After you get a go on all parts comes academy!

Comment

Initial Exam February 2006
              Upon Successful Completion you will....

Be summoned for the Power Test
              Upon Successful Completion you will...

Be told to report for what I call "Basic Application" you start filling out a lot of forms, supply Education/Military history. Do a couple drug tests, get finger and palm printed.

After that you will be told to report for the objective Psych Exam, fill in bubbles about your life. At the end of the Psych exam you will be given an appointment for your Medical and Psychological Interviews.

This is where it gets hazy as different people have had different things happen.

You are assigned a background investigator supposedly if you passed the Psych exam, although people have been assigned and met with a BI only to find out they failed the Psych.

After succesfully completing the BI stuff, you wait until you are given a notice to report for the final POWER Test.

Pass that......academy....

Comment

good idea about the thread. It's definitely a pain to be waiting lol. Atleast you'll know if you pass the Power test right away

Comment

Thanks for the insite on what's going to happen next. I actually took the written test in Nov. 04 passed received a letter indicating to report for the power test, and didn't go to take it and then recieved a second request to go for the power test again and didn't. So that why I had to retake the written this past satuday @ Olive-Harvey. Good Luck to Everyone!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So how long is the hiring process in Chicago? I heard it could be anywhere from 6 months to a year and a half. When will we get our scores back?

Comment

the process is more like a year and a half to 2 years from start to finish
                      maybe it will be a year and half now with the computer test

Comment

I don't really see why these test results will come any faster then in years past just because some of the tests were taken on computers. Working in college I saw hundreds of scantron sheets graded in minutes. It really takes very little time to do.

Pretty much the every question on here can be answered with "wait and see..."

Comment

I agree with Streets, and keep in mind there's also a lack of personnel processing CPD candidates because there are so many applicants. I think we all get excited in the begining but because of the lenght of time the process requires, you eventualy loose some of that anxiety.
                          Best thing you can probably do is place this on the Back Burner, NOT to forget about it, but just so that you don't interrupt your daily life and loose sleep over it. And do not let the fact that you are in the process prevent you from starting a new job or expanding your education. In my opinion, some of that anxiety returns after you learn that you passed the Psychological (assuming you have confirmation that you passed) and received a BI (background Investigator). Although this still does not guarantee you

Comment

Originally posted by Five-O
                            And do not let the fact that you are in the process prevent you from starting a new job or expanding your education.
                            Sound advice!

Comment

retry

Hello to all.
                              I took CPD test in NOV 03 had BI interview in august and still havent heard any thing called personell and they told me that they are still hiring from that list,so I retook the FEB 06 test hopefully dont have to go through the process again. I am going to call back down there on tuesday.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11006 users online. 517 members and 10489 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X