300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccw?

I remember reading in the Chicago Tribune a while back that the IL government was considering allowing CC, and that was a few months back. Haven't heard anything since. Has anyone heard if they yay'ed or nay'ed this bill?

I was chatting with 2 CPD Investigators about it, and somewhat to my surprise, they were all for it. I would have figures P.O.'s would be against it, but they were mighty enthusiastic.

About 95% of the cops I work with are for the CCW legislation. Ponder this; you have good guys on the street with guns. To get this permit, the individual will have submitted to a background check (criminal & mental health), they will have to be trained and qualify. It seems that the bad guys already have guns, they just don't obtain, possess or carry them legally.
    It is about time that we have laws that allow citizens the right to keep and bear arms, Oops, I forgot, they already do!
    “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

There is a "limited concealed carry" in Illinois. I would not recommend it due to the fact that many LEOs are not aware of this, but here is a link that has more information.

Illinois' Limited Concealed Carry

Hope this information helps, and please be smart about it.
      Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
      Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
      For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
      'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

I found that in Google, actually. Is that all true? I would be very hesitant to try something like that, but I suppose it's a "start".

Comment

Yeah it's true.
          ...But, like I mentioned most (not all) LEOs are aware of it. With that in mind you still can be hooked & booked, until your arresting officer makes contact with the States Attorney. You should be released then and your pistol given back to you, but don't count on getting your ammo back. It's still time out of your day and a hassle to deal with for a LEO that made a mistake. Sadly it does happen, but you can't expect LEOs to know every law and their exceptions.

Not sure if you live or visit Chicago, but the Mayor stated that if anyone tries carrying a pistol in a fanny pack into his city will be arrested. There was a protest a few years back (maybe more) that a group did just that after the Mayor made that statement. All were hooked, but charges wouldn't stick. City's ordinances can not override State Laws.

I would go to your local PD or SO and speak with them about using this law to it's effect in their area. It will be better for you to get more information one on one than here.
          Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
          Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
          For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
          'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

I can understand how some LEO's would arrest for that.

As for visiting downtown, yeah, every once in awile. I DJ downtown once or twice a month. As for Daley's statement, that doesn't surprise me. He has delusions of granduer from time to time.

If I do get the urge to try this, I will indeed follow your suggestion and talk to my local PD. I just bought an Springfield Armory XD9 with a 5" barrel, though. Not exactly a short gun for a fanny pack

Comment

Originally posted by Huey County
              Yeah it's true.
              City's ordinances can not override State Laws.
              This is not necessarily true. Some towns in my county and the surrounding county have handgun bans that ARE constitutional, even if they are wrong.

Before you carry a concelaed firearm in a fanny pack or purse, consult with an attorney and see what their interpretation of this law is. Don't take the advice at face value from a website. Cover your a**.
              Looks like someone took their stupid pills today.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9338 users online. 450 members and 8888 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X