300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DELTAFORCEWOLF View Post
    After all this it seems like 2010 is a more realistic timeline for when they will begin testing again...
    Damn that is not what I wanted to hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwikmart View Post
      I'll be taking the entrance exam this summer - they told me May or June. Could anyone give me an idea how the process looks like and what is the order of all other tests (P.O.W.E.R., drug, medical etc.) and what is the approximate time between them? I really aprreciate it.
      MAY or June, was your source credible?
      ~Delta

Comment

MAY or June, was your source credible?
        Bro I think his post was like 3 years old...

Comment

• Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
          So does that mean its not going to happen this May or June?

Comment

Maybe he wants to know if the source was credible so that the source could be asked when the next test will be. Although, I don't really have any hope of hearing any news until at least after the site of the 2016 Olympics is announced on October 2nd, 2009. I have a theory that whether Chicago gets it or not, a new test will be announced after that. If Chicago gets it, there will be a mass-hiring as part of the preparations to get the city ready for the Olympics. If Chicago doesn't get it, the city will "find" a lot of money that it had previously squirreled away for the Olympics, and will at least have some tests, although the hiring will probably be just as slow as it was for the 2006 testers.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

• Oh, and thank you to Oldskoolfan for bumping this thread. It is kind of depressing knowing that it'll be a long time before we can even have a shot at being hired by CPD, but this was a great thread to read, I can't wait until I can be part of it someday.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

• Please... Please stop bumping this thread... it's killin' me!

Comment

• tan how can you guys check so easily
                  Please let me know, Thank you.
                  US Army 13M

Comment

Your right it is very old haha. Just my yearning to get another shot to apply for CPD.
                    ~Delta

Comment

• As I mentioned before things are ever changing when budgets and money are concerned...

The Chicago City Budget was approved and it looks like the Chicago Police Department will be hiring the “budgeted” number of 200 Officers from their existing eligibility list in 2009. The hiring will be over the course of the entire year with multiple classes. Not a lot, but better than none.

Good Luck.

Comment

Just my yearning to get another shot to apply for CPD.
                        Me too!

Comment

• https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...60109849712247

Hit the show comment link at the top of the screen.

Looks like they are still going to lose 200 officers from Patrol. I do believe that they start new hires and rookies in Patrol so in a sense the 200 new hires will not really be doing to much. They will actually lose more officers due to retirement and such. At least according to this blogger. It seems that he is pretty in tune with things around the department, at least in my humble opinion.

Comment

• I got a question for those that are currently in or recently graduated from CPD Academy?
                            How many weeks is Chicago's Academy?

Comment

• I believe it is 6 months long.

Comment

• I got in, I think about 70 of us made it for this class. I found some decent parking rates if you're interested.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12190 users online. 408 members and 11782 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X