• Show
Clear All

• Tag for motivational reading.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
      Tag for motivational reading.
      Why must you torture us...

Comment

• i do have some extra leather gear--holsters, cuff cases, duty belts--if someone wanted to save some money. it will pass inspection....pm me if your interested. for the guys who already went through the academny, you don't have to take the state test again.

Comment

• Hi everyone. I'm new here. Nice to meet everyone.

I had a question. Lets say by some miracle there is a CPD test in early 2009. Im 18 now, turning 19 in march, and living in the suburbs. Is it possible to go and take the test in 09, so by the time I go into academy Ill be 21 or 22 and have my college requirements done? Or do I actually have to be 21 to start the process.

I'm pretty adament about being an officer in the city, since that is where I grew up.

Thank you very much

Comment

• I believe you must be 21 and have 60 credits by the day of the exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by archercapt32 View Post
              I believe you must be 21 and have 60 credits by the day of the exam.
              Yes you do. And you have to bring in your college transcripts proving it shortly after you get your test results.

My advice Rattlehead is to just finish college and get another job expecting to be there a few years. Test as soon as you are 21 and have your 60 credits. If you have the funds you probably have the time to get a Bachelor's before you would get hired.

Comment

• ok thanks alot for your help.

my original plan was to get a degree and then go into the force, but as i'v seen here, it takes long time. But it's ok I can wait. At the rate Im going now I will have 6o credits just as i am turning 21, so that should work out.

Thanks again.

Comment

• How many classes are in the academy now?

Any rumors on when the next written exam will be held?

Comment

• Heard there was a class that just got out and there is either 1 or none in now, can't remember which. Don't know if there will be a test in'09, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Comment

• I know there's at least one in. I saw them running downtown last week. Maybe that's the only class in now...?

So it's safe to say the academy isn't a "full house", eh?

I can't believe it's been more than two years since the last entrance exam. All we can hope is that there will be a mass hiring when they do hire again.

Comment

• Yeah, lets hope.

Cept for my sake I hope they do it in mid 2011 so I can actually apply.

But I'd be happy for you guys if they did it earlier.

Comment

• There are no recruit classes scheduled for 2009 and after the new year most of the Academy Staff are going to be redeployed back to the Districts. A class recently graduated and I don't think that there are anymore in the pipeline. As with anything else, this is subject to change. It looks like a Sergeant's class is scheduled for 2009, which is a good sign.

So if you've applied and tested, live your life as if you never did. One day the call will come.

End note: Be careful what you post on this and other social networking sites. These sites are monitored by people who work for the organization you may want to apply to, and trust me it's easier than you think to figure out who you are.

Comment

• Tan where do you get your info from. I read that 200 are getting hired in 09 and that a class is starting somewhere around april or may.

Comment

• Sefe85 - sent you a PM.

As I mentioned, things are always subject to change. The city budget is tight and cuts have been made. That is not to say that the Public Safety Departments will not take measures to ensure that they have enough man power to do the job. Things like attrition, medical, and just plain ole resignations always have an impact. So what is written (planned) today, may not be in fact what is going to happen tomorrow. New Officers are needed and we all want to see the process get going again. But you have to be realistic and most importantly patient. My intentions of this post was not to discourage those in the process, but to inform.

Comment

• After all this it seems like 2010 is a more realistic timeline for when they will begin testing again...
                                ~Delta

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6297 users online. 331 members and 5966 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X