Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you guys think the next power test will be? June sometime?
    "patiently waiting"

Comment

• Originally posted by SIG220
      April 24th is cancelled
      April 24th is not cancelled. it is just completely filled for anymore cadets.

Comment

• Originally posted by mymuscles82
        April 24th is not cancelled. it is just completely filled for anymore cadets.

April 24th is cancelled

Comment

• i was told today that the next class starts may 1st. from a member of the academy staff...
          In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

• Originally posted by PROBY
            i was told today that the next class starts may 1st. from a member of the academy staff...

The people who received letters for the post offer POWER on April 8th, will have an academy start date on either May 1st or May 22nd.

Comment

• its may first... they have the lockers roped off and their books on the tables waiting for them...good luck to all who are starting, im in week 5 and man what a ride!!
              In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

• So, what should the new guys expect on the first of May? How about parking? I hear its tough to find.

Comment

• May 1st Start

Good luck to the May 1st class. See you in three weeks, it's time for vacation now.
                  Last edited by EricS1994; 04-30-2006, 05:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• february 06 test???

I tested in February of 06. im just wondering if anybody knows how long it ( about) until you hear any results of the test. Like whether or not you passed. Everyone told me that as long as i take the test then i should be golden. I place at the top of all the other tests i take, so i cant imagine that i didnt pass this test. any help or guidance would greatly be appreciated. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by jcapodicapi
                      I tested in February of 06. im just wondering if anybody knows how long it ( about) until you hear any results of the test. Like whether or not you passed. Everyone told me that as long as i take the test then i should be golden. I place at the top of all the other tests i take, so i cant imagine that i didnt pass this test. any help or guidance would greatly be appreciated. thanks
                      Short answer: No one here who knows, if there is such a person, is talking.

Long answers:
                      http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44523
                      http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43421

Comment

• Maybe a sort of unusual question.

There is a possiblity that the organization I work for would be willing to send me to the CPD Academy to get the 440 hours (or however many it is) to become a sworn police officer.

If after I fulfill the obligation that paid my way, and applied to the CPD, would I still be required to go through their academy for a second time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Streets31
                          Maybe a sort of unusual question.

There is a possiblity that the organization I work for would be willing to send me to the CPD Academy to get the 440 hours (or however many it is) to become a sworn police officer.

If after I fulfill the obligation that paid my way, and applied to the CPD, would I still be required to go through their academy for a second time?

Yes, you would have to go to the academy again. There are no laterals to CPD and even if you go to the Metro Academy, the Department does not consider the metro training the Chicago Police Department Training Program.

Comment

• dangit...I was wondering the same thing. I guess that means if I go to the academy a 2nd time, I shouldnt have any big trouble with some of the stuff we might cover.
                            I LOVE the smell of flashbangs in the morning.....dont you?

si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

• Background

Does anyone know how long you have to wait after the home interview to start the academy???
                              -eD-

Comment

• Originally posted by martianed
                                Does anyone know how long you have to wait after the home interview to start the academy???
                                -eD-
                                My home interview was January 24 and my start date is May 22. I've read that some people on here had there interview around the same time as me but, started in February and March. I would say the average wait is somewhere between one and three months.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5288 users online. 209 members and 5079 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X