• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am. The wait is terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justino74
      I am. The wait is terrible.
      Wow! I'm surprised your still waiting. i thought everyone from the 03 test is through the process already? but i guess not. well good luck Justino...im tired of waiting too...so hopefully we'll be there soon.

Comment

• Starting academy March 27

Does anyone know what the rules and regulations are for being enrolled in school while in the academy? My POWER test is March 11 and I'm scheduled to start on the 27th of March. I'm currently registered at a community college for some night classes 6-9 PM twice a week. The last day to drop them is March 11. I was wondering if anyone knew of any rules or regulations against being enrolled in school or if anyone has gone through the academy and feels there's just no way one would be able to handle a few classes and the academy at the same time. My classes would end the first week of May so it would pretty much be overlapping one month into the academy training. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• You can not have any classes at all while you are in the academy, and until you are off of probation. That goes the same for another part time job until off probation. You sign papers when you are hired and could be fired if you are going to school or have a job.

Comment

• Might as well drop them
            "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

• hmmm...check with your HRI if you can do both at the same time. Some where allowed to do that. I even remembered one guy taking EMT class at night. I guess that comes down to the ADS.

Comment

• An academy instructor personally told me that if you're already registered and taking classes, you could keep taking them as long as the time doesn't interfere. However, you cannot sign up for classes after you are accepted to the academy.
                "Insane Fish"

Comment

• I'll just drop them

Thanks for the replies. I've decided to play it safe and just drop the classes. Besides, the reason I was taking them was to move up positions in my current job but it doesn't matter now that I'll be starting the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissCadet
                    An academy instructor personally told me that if you're already registered and taking classes, you could keep taking them as long as the time doesn't interfere. However, you cannot sign up for classes after you are accepted to the academy.
                    Thats the problem with these new people on this job today rules don't seem to apply to them. it states no secondary employment or schooling while on probation. Just follow the rules. It's not that hard to do.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

• Some of us still know how to follow rules and accept sound advise !! Not really fair to stereotype "new folks" that way. It's not the "new people" it's the "immature new people" and most likely those that have not experienced discipline and authority before. Age and maturity levels also play a key role in knowing when to remain attentive and quiet.
                      I completely agree with Pedro, rules are rules and they are meant to be followed not questioned. NO school or secondary job during your probation period means just that! Can't get any clearer.
                      If you plan on challenging or question rules, it tells others that you are not serious about the forth-coming challenges you are bout to take on.

Comment

• Five-O, I am sorry to lump you into a whole group. That wasn't my intentions. There are a few guys that have come out of the academy that are all right. Like you said though it's these immature morons, that are screwing everything up. It's these immature morons that have this me me me I I I attitude and not a "we" attitude. For some of these people it is their first job, some people are afraid of a fight or have never been yelled at so this is a big shock to them. Hopefully with all of the military guys coming back out after this war we will have a resurgance in teamwork. Sorry had to speak my mind, I see it on the streets everyday. Frankly I am getting sick of it.

Second City Cop

Comment

• Is Online schooling included like Univ. of Phoenix? Just wondering...I will graduate before I get close to academy, just throwing out the question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedro56
                            Five-O, I am sorry to lump you into a whole group. That wasn't my intentions. There are a few guys that have come out of the academy that are all right. Like you said though it's these immature morons, that are screwing everything up. It's these immature morons that have this me me me I I I attitude and not a "we" attitude. For some of these people it is their first job, some people are afraid of a fight or have never been yelled at so this is a big shock to them. Hopefully with all of the military guys coming back out after this war we will have a resurgance in teamwork. Sorry had to speak my mind, I see it on the streets everyday. Frankly I am getting sick of it.
                            No apology is needed and I definitely understand what you mean. I was just clarifying your frustration.

I know you don't hear this often enough but thank you for everything you do and be safe.
                            Last edited by Five-O; 03-08-2006, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedro56
                              Thats the problem with these new people on this job today rules don't seem to apply to them. it states no secondary employment or schooling while on probation. Just follow the rules. It's not that hard to do.

HAHAHAHA...Wow, people on this forum are getting WAAAAY TOO annoyed with simple conversations. I SIMPLY stated what I was told. I didn't say it was the final word that everyone should agree with. Take it easy killer. Sounds like some of you need to hit the range or gym to release some steam.
                              "Insane Fish"

Comment

• It is important to have a

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9239 users online. 426 members and 8813 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X