Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Police Academy...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Daley college at 830pm. ~Damn it seems like it took forever to get to this point....so after the written is the physical? will it be anytime soon?
    I LOVE the smell of flashbangs in the morning.....dont you?

    si vis pacem para bellum

    Comment


    • District Assignment

      If or When Is it possible to be assigned to another district?
      Or is like the military they place you were you are needed and thats that.

      So after your probationary period is over do you have the opportunity choose where you would like to work in what district or is it automatically were your residing residence is determines the district you work?

      Just curious
      PaTience

      Comment


      • Originally posted by PaTience
        If or When Is it possible to be assigned to another district?
        Or is like the military they place you were you are needed and thats that.

        So after your probationary period is over do you have the opportunity choose where you would like to work in what district or is it automatically were your residing residence is determines the district you work?

        Just curious
        After your probation period is up, you can bid to whatever district you want, provided they have space for you. Then, when the next period comes you have to check the transfer order to see if you made it.

        Comment


        • You guys taking the test at Daley College know that there are hotels right down the street near 67th and Cicero that are much closer than downtown???Daley college is at like 73rd/74th and Pulaski. From downtown you've got to take the Orange line to midway and then cab it or catch a bus to the college. The train ride form downtown is about 30 minutes.
          The hotels are actually in Bedford Park so they may not show up if your booking on-line. They are on the west side of the street, the east side of Cicero is still Chicago.
          Last edited by amp2112; 02-18-2006, 09:24 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by beard708
            ....so after the written is the physical? will it be anytime soon?
            No.

            Unless Personnel has made drastic changes.

            Comment


            • Next step

              I took the written in Nov. '04 and didn't have my physical until April 2nd '05.

              Originally posted by beard708
              Daley college at 830pm. ~Damn it seems like it took forever to get to this point....so after the written is the physical? will it be anytime soon?
              "Insane Fish"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by beard708
                Daley college at 830pm. ~Damn it seems like it took forever to get to this point....so after the written is the physical? will it be anytime soon?

                Are you referring to the POWER test or the medical (physical) exam ?

                Comment


                • just getting started...

                  i just got my letter to report for the final power test, the academy is set to start march 27th, anybody have any tips on what to expect during the first couple of weeks??
                  Last edited by PROBY; 02-21-2006, 07:10 PM.
                  In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

                  Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

                  Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

                  Comment


                  • CONGRATS! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

                    Originally posted by PROBY
                    i just got my letter to report for the final power test, the academy is set to start march 27th, anybody have any tips on what to expect during the first couple of weeks??

                    Comment


                    • Questions for you

                      Originally posted by PROBY
                      i just got my letter to report for the final power test, the academy is set to start march 27th, anybody have any tips on what to expect during the first couple of weeks??
                      Hey Proby when did you take th test?
                      And When was your Background Investigation done?

                      And Congrats too
                      PaTience

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by PaTience
                        Hey Proby when did you take th test?
                        And When was your Background Investigation done?

                        And Congrats too

                        thank you,

                        i took the written in nov, of 2004 and had my home interview the last week in jan.
                        In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

                        Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

                        Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by PROBY
                          i just got my letter to report for the final power test, the academy is set to start march 27th, anybody have any tips on what to expect during the first couple of weeks??
                          My brother in-law made it in the academy back in Dec and he advised to buy a couple of suits, in case you don't have any, because you'll be wearing them for the first week. Also about $5K which you'll need for equipment and you'll probably spend about $2K during the first few weeks.

                          Comment


                          • Which exam is your brother-in-law from?

                            Comment


                            • Background Investigation

                              1. I currently know my number on the list but what number are they on right now.....

                              2. I know who my detective is doing my background investigation so do I see him before the BI is done or do I meet with him for a home interview and thats it?......

                              3. I took the test in Nov 04' i'm tired of waiting
                              PaTience

                              Comment


                              • I keep reading about the guys who took the '04 exam and thier progress towards an academy. Just curious, how many from this forum are still waiting to hear back that took the nov '03 exam?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6371 users online. 333 members and 6038 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X