Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone here know or just started themselves the CPD academy from the 04 test?
    If so what # where you on the list or the person you know.
    P.S.
    Is this true I've heard of a couple police officer residing in some chicago land surburbs after a couple of years on, is that cool?

or is it because chi-town is to damn expensive
    PaTience

Comment

• Originally posted by PaTience
      Is this true I've heard of a couple police officer residing in some chicago land surburbs after a couple of years on, is that cool? or is it because chi-town is to damn expensive
      If you work for the city - you have to live in the city - there is no way around it.

Comment

• u have a lot to learn
        PaTience

Comment

• Originally posted by 0206CPDAPPL
          Wow, can't believe the test is in 6 days! I have been waiting over a year! I am really excited about testing for CPD! I know I will do well! I really appreciate the testing advice from everyone. Never though about wearing my glasses instead of contacts, great idea! I have taken several written exams for police departments and have read many testing books. I couldn't be more ready for this test! My scores for previous test have been 90% or better. The only thing that sucks is the lists keep expiring and I am not getting phone calls for the rest of the testing process. The power test, psych, medical, drug, and background is no problem for me, I know I can pass those parts, I just need that call to continue me through the process! Getting a call after I pass the written should be no problem with CPD because they are hiring a crap load of officers, unlike suburban PDs. They hire 1-5 officers in 2 years. I am just really excited and thought I could share my excitement with other recruits! Anyone else in the same boat with me?
          I hear ya.. I been studying for the test for a while.

Comment

• My two cents

not to bust your bubble but the waiting part and process after you pass the exam are the hardest.
            Just hang in there and good luck !

Comment

• Sunday 19th Test Date

I am scheduled to take my test this Sunday at 2:30 P.M. at Daly College. I am going to be staying in downtown, so just wondering what the best way down there is? Also, is there anyone else scheduled on this same test date and time? Good Luck to everyone this that is testing this weekend.....

Comment

• Originally posted by CPDis4ME
                I am scheduled to take my test this Sunday at 2:30 P.M. at Daly College. I am going to be staying in downtown, so just wondering what the best way down there is? Also, is there anyone else scheduled on this same test date and time? Good Luck to everyone this that is testing this weekend.....
                ill be there

Comment

• I'm taking it on Sunday at 1:30

Comment

• Originally posted by CPDis4ME
                    Check the CTA website. There are trains and buses that go to the college. You could take a cab but that would be pricey considering you're staying downtown and would be traveling to the far southwest side.

Good luck!

Comment

• Good Luck this weekend guys/gals.
                      "patiently waiting"

Comment

• Taking test on computer

Hi Folks, I just started testing for police departments back in january and will be taking the computer test for chicago this saturday. I seen the example of how the test is formatted. How difficult would you rate this exam to other police departments written tests? On the 1 1/2 mile run, does it take place on a quarter mile track? I finally got my self in shape after being 290 pounds for 7 years down to 210. Boy it feels great being able to test without seeing these great oppurtunities pass by. Nice to meet you all.

Scott

Comment

• Welcome Scott!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott32
                            On the 1 1/2 mile run, does it take place on a quarter mile track? I finally got my self in shape after being 290 pounds for 7 years down to 210. Boy it feels great being able to test without seeing these great oppurtunities pass by. Nice to meet you all.

Scott
                            The 1/2 mile run was done on a odd length track. It's literally just an oval in an old factory. I remember we had to do X number of laps, and then another 100 feet or something weird like that. I wrote up a detailed account of it a few pages back somewhere.

As an aside, I grew up in Homer Glen, moved to the Northside a few years ago.

Comment

• Wooo Hoo..

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY! Getting excited! Just the waiting process to take the written as seemed like forever. After the test, I actually feel like I am in the process finally! I will post my comments on the written tomorrow after the test. I am taking the computerized test.

Comment

• Best of luck to all !!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6472 users online. 339 members and 6133 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X