Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to the Art Institute and then relax at Jilly's on Rush St. Have a cigar and martini (only one) enjoy the live music and then go home and go to bed. You got a big test the next day!
    "patiently waiting"

Comment

• Originally posted by CPDis4ME
      TO: 0206CPDAPPL

I am taking the examination on the 18th. I have the paper work at home which I am currenty not, however I remember that the time is 2:30 on Sunday.
      You should look at your admission letter. On the above post you said you're taking it on the 18th, which is a Saturday. On your next post you stated that your test is on Sunday.

You'd hate you show up on the wrong day and not be admitted. You should check to be sure you have the right time and date.

Comment

• Originally posted by CPDis4ME
        Also, does anyone have any suggestions of things to do in Chicago the weekend of testing? I have been there numerous times obviously, but I would like to step out of the typical tourists box and do something different. Any hot spots that only locals know about?? Just nothing to crazy though, my test is Sunday!
        The Chicago Auto Show will be featuring a new concept police car for the Chicago Police Department. It might be interesting to see. For the locals, it was featured on page 13 of the Chicago Suntimes today. Admission to the auto show is $10.

Enjoy your trip to Chicago and good luck on the exam!

Comment

• Test Date?

Just a friendly tip...You said your test is the 18th and on Sunday. Saturday is the 18th and Sunday is the 19th! Don't want you to miss the test.

Originally posted by CPDis4ME
          TO: 0206CPDAPPL

I am taking the examination on the 18th. I have the paper work at home which I am currenty not, however I remember that the time is 2:30 on Sunday. Good Luck and hopefully everything runs its course successfully without any hangups..

"Real success is finding your lifework in the work that you love." David McCullough. 1933

And thats what we're all here to do...

Comment

• Not a tourist!

EAT EAT AND EAT...TRY SOME CHICAGO PIZZA! THE FOOD IS PHONOMINAL IN CHICAGO! ALSO THE THE SHEAD AQUERIUM IS AWESOME! OR CHECK OUT THE FIELD MUSEUM!

Originally posted by CPDis4ME
            Also, does anyone have any suggestions of things to do in Chicago the weekend of testing? I have been there numerous times obviously, but I would like to step out of the typical tourists box and do something different. Any hot spots that only locals know about?? Just nothing to crazy though, my test is Sunday!

Comment

• New Police Vehicle

I really liked the detection system for gun shots! Pretty high tech! Would be nice if they replace all 3000 squad cars like they are hoping to!

Originally posted by CPDjock
              The Chicago Auto Show will be featuring a new concept police car for the Chicago Police Department. It might be interesting to see. For the locals, it was featured on page 13 of the Chicago Suntimes today. Admission to the auto show is $10.

Enjoy your trip to Chicago and good luck on the exam!

Comment

• Yes, the car does seem really squared away.

For those of you that are not in the Chicagoland area, you can pull it up on the Chicago Sun-times website at chicagosuntimes.com.

Comment

• Equipment

What company do most officers go through for their equipment? Ill be taking the written on feb18 and was curious as to where I can look at the different equipment that is offered.

Comment

• Kale's Uniforms is on Roosevelt in the South Loop. There is also another huge uniform store on Irving Park Road and Austin Ave. Uniform stores are scattered throughout the city.

Comment

• You can't go wrong with Ray Oherron's. They have one in Danville and the other is in I believe DuPage County. That store is the supermarket of Police Supplies.
                      My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by 0206CPDAPPL
                        I really liked the detection system for gun shots! Pretty high tech! Would be nice if they replace all 3000 squad cars like they are hoping to!
                        They will never replace the cars with those waste of money SUV's. It is bad enough that they started cramming us into Chevy Impalas and then stopped buying them do to the uproar from the rank and file. Now the city has no idea what car they are going to use. The SUV's will and are going to be used for supervisors and specialized units. I like my unmarked Crown Vic even though it has 145000 on it. I wouldn't mind seeing the Charger. As far as the gunshot detection system, the pod cameras on the street have them now, they can't make a distinction between shots and fireworks. If you work in the area that I work you hear enough shots every night that you know what shots are and what are fireworks. So the gunshot detection thing is pretty moot point.
                        "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

• For those interested in CPD cars, there is a great resource called Cop Car Dot Com which has a huge archive of hundreds of CPD Cars since the early 1900's.
                          http://copcardotcom.fotki.com/photographs_of_greg/
                          Check it out if you like that kind of stuff.

Comment

• What an awesome sight! Thanks for posting!

Comment

• Ray Oherron's

What an awesome store! All staff are retired police officers. They really know what they are doing! They are very nice and extremely helpful! I love going there! I have bought all of my handguns and gear there. I would never go anywhere else, unless required to do so per a department.

They are located in Oakbrook Terrace, IL.
                              17W689 Roosevelt Road, Oakbrook Ter, IL 60181 (630) 629-2677

Originally posted by robert2006
                              You can't go wrong with Ray Oherron's. They have one in Danville and the other is in I believe DuPage County. That store is the supermarket of Police Supplies.

Comment

• Written Test 02-18-06

Wow, can't believe the test is in 6 days! I have been waiting over a year! I am really excited about testing for CPD! I know I will do well! I really appreciate the testing advice from everyone. Never though about wearing my glasses instead of contacts, great idea! I have taken several written exams for police departments and have read many testing books. I couldn't be more ready for this test! My scores for previous test have been 90% or better. The only thing that sucks is the lists keep expiring and I am not getting phone calls for the rest of the testing process. The power test, psych, medical, drug, and background is no problem for me, I know I can pass those parts, I just need that call to continue me through the process! Getting a call after I pass the written should be no problem with CPD because they are hiring a crap load of officers, unlike suburban PDs. They hire 1-5 officers in 2 years. I am just really excited and thought I could share my excitement with other recruits! Anyone else in the same boat with me?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10162 users online. 492 members and 9670 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X