300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaTience
    Are they processing Nov 04 applicants through to the academy yet?

Does anybody actually know what lottery number they are currently on?

I talked to someone at headquarters and they said they that the 2003 list should have been completed by the end of Jan 06. Is that true?

Just wonder is this true or are they just jerking my chain?
    I think they are starting to process from Nov 04. recently I attended a Family day at the Academy and ran into a couple of people, I saw in line during the Psychological written exam, participating in demonstrations
    Last edited by Five-O; 02-01-2006, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaTience
      Are they processing Nov 04 applicants through to the academy yet?
      I talked to someone at headquarters and they said they that the 2003 list should have been completed by the end of Jan 06. Is that true?
      I personally know 3 people who took the test in nov 2003 and they are still being processed and have not had their home interviews yet.

Comment

• I took the '03 test, and my BI came to my house for the interview last September. My previous employers finally submitted all of the requested info, and my background check was completed. Now I'm just waiting..............forever!!!!

Comment

• I wonder if they wait for all your former employers to respond. That seems unreasonable considering some may not. That could really hold up someone's background investigation. Hopefully, there's some time frame they give employers to respond and if they don't they'll call them, stop by or don't worry about them.
          Last edited by CPDjock; 02-04-2006, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Taking the 06' Exam

Hello everyone! I was searching for information on the CPD testing process and came across this forum! I am really glad I did because I have learned allot by reading everyone's posts. I have been testing for Suburban departments for 7 years now and every list I have been on has expired. I am only on two lists right now. The CPD testing process is a bit different from the suburban departments. The list in the suburbs is composed by score, I see that it doesn't matter what your score is for CPD because everyone get's put into a lottery. I will be taking the computer exam on Feb. 18th at Wilbur Wright College. Anyone else testing there? Also, I had no idea that as a CPD Recruit, you have to pay for all of your uniforms and gear while in academy. Do you get reimbursed after you graduate? Not much of a big deal to me, I have my own gear already, just would need to get uniforms. Does anyone know if CPD is allowed to carry Glock while on duty? I know there is much controversy about carring Glocks because of the safety features. I want to be a cop. Doesn't matter where, well, it kind of does, I don't want to be a cop in boo foo. I have wanted to be a cop since I was a child! I will have my BS in criminal justice in just over a year and I was a MP in the Army for 6 years. Thought that would help me become a cop quicker, but it really doesn't. Unfortunatly, I have learned the quickest way to be a cop in Illinois is to test for CPD. Most of the suburban departments have 200-600 applicants come out for 2-5 positions in a two year period. CPD needs 5000 officers. Odds are I will test and get hired! In the suburbs it's all about that witten test score. If you don't get a 95% or better, you won't get hired. I generaly get an 89- 93%, which in most cases others tie and when you get 60+ people tieing at a 92% they throw everyone's name in a bucket and if your name is pulled at the end, then your name on the final list is like 60-80 which really sucks. I think that I have a great chance of being hired on CPD and I am really excited about it! This is the first time I can qualify to test because I just got my 60+ credits in June 05! Not having those 60+ credits really limits your testing because most departments require a minium of 60 credits. Well, I am sure if I am hired on CPD, I may be working with some of you here and I am looking forward to chating about the testing process with my fellow testers as well! Good luck to everyone we will proudly serve the City of Chicago soon Feb. 06 Applicants! I just hope the testing process goes much faster and efficiently than what I was reading about for the 03 and 04 test. From what I am hearing the testing will be accelerated because CPD is very short on ofdficers and they need to fill the slots ASAP! Any useful tips and info would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• yea, I hope it doesn't take 2plus years to finally get in.

Comment

• I second that!

Comment

• Welcome, 0206CPDAPPL!

Comment

• Lottery

Anybody know the current lottery number?
                    PaTience

Comment

• Ok, no glock, no reimbursement of uniforms, exceot the fact you get around 1800 a year in uniform checks, and then another 1800 a year in duty availability checks. As far as gear it has to be leather, I would recommend a level 3 holster and I would also recommennd buying a Sig Sauer pistol.
                      "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

• Weapons

What about a Kimber? Are they allowed to carry? Not much of a S&W fan.

Comment

• Okay, here is the approved manufacture list for the Chicago Police Department right out of the general order.

A. Approved Manufacturers

1. Sig Arms
                          2. Beretta
                          3. Sturm Ruger
                          4. Smith and Wesson
                          "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

• You mean I can't carry a Lorcin or an F.I.E. Titan? BWAHAHAHAHAH!

What ever would the department say? Yah, err uh, I have this Lorcin that like I want to carry. Yah that's the ticket.

Comment

• TO: 0206CPDAPPL

I am taking the examination on the 18th. I have the paper work at home which I am currenty not, however I remember that the time is 2:30 on Sunday. Good Luck and hopefully everything runs its course successfully without any hangups..

"Real success is finding your lifework in the work that you love." David McCullough. 1933

And thats what we're all here to do...

Comment

• Also, does anyone have any suggestions of things to do in Chicago the weekend of testing? I have been there numerous times obviously, but I would like to step out of the typical tourists box and do something different. Any hot spots that only locals know about?? Just nothing to crazy though, my test is Sunday!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3830 users online. 160 members and 3670 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X