Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Police Academy...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is the home interview usually done before or after the background investigation?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CPDjock
      Is the home interview usually done before or after the background investigation?

      After, I believe.

      Comment


      • erics1994 and severe are correct although the interview technically happens while the investigation is under way. My employers received letters before I was notified it began. My investigator had a huge stack and I live out in Lockport so he asked me to come to HQ.
        Last edited by markdh720; 01-31-2006, 05:53 PM.

        Comment


        • Power Test Question

          Does anyone know how the sit and stretch test is measured. I know the requirement is like either 16 or 17 inches, but I am not sure at what point do they measure from????

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CPDis4ME
            Does anyone know how the sit and stretch test is measured. I know the requirement is like either 16 or 17 inches, but I am not sure at what point do they measure from????
            The requirement is different depending on your age group. For the 20-29 age group, the requirement is 16.0 inches. Which is basically a good 2-3 inches past your toes with your legs straight and unbent.

            It's not terribly difficult if you have average flexibility.

            Comment


            • zomkee

              Yeah I fall within the lowest age group since I am only 21. Right off the top of my head 16 inches sounds right, I just wasnt sure where exactly they start the measurement from. I mean the measurement shouldnt be based on how tall you are (hence how long your arms are.) I just wish they gave you a definite desciption of how the measurement is done so that everyone knows exactly what they need to work for....

              Comment


              • By the Way

                Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CPDis4ME
                  Yeah I fall within the lowest age group since I am only 21. Right off the top of my head 16 inches sounds right, I just wasnt sure where exactly they start the measurement from. I mean the measurement shouldnt be based on how tall you are (hence how long your arms are.) I just wish they gave you a definite desciption of how the measurement is done so that everyone knows exactly what they need to work for....
                  I can not touch my toes to save my life. I tried doing all the suggestions that are recommended, but I couldn't touch my toes. I remember sitting down at the at the Sit and Reach test box and suddenly seeing how close 16 inches was and going "thats no big deal" and getting it on the first try. Just do the stretches they recommend and you'll be fine.

                  Comment


                  • sit and reach

                    If i'm not mistaken, reaching even with your feet is considered 15 inches. So whatever your required distance is, just subtract 15 inches from it and that is how far past your feet you must reach.
                    Please disregard the user name, I've been sworn for a little while now.....

                    Comment


                    • Thanks

                      Hey thanks alot, I really appreciate the information. Even though I am still working on the other aspects of the POWER Test, that was the section that was killing me only because I had no idea what the hell I was trying to reach. Thanks alot though. Now I have to figure out a way to make the run, benchpress and situp requirement.

                      Comment


                      • The POWER test

                        Workout, but don't stress too much about the POWER test. Just make sure you're in pretty good shape. I took it in April of '05 and I swear, they help everyone. People are VERY supportive. It's almost cheesy. The bench is a joke, close your eyes during the sit-ups and get in a zone, run like hell, and stretch EVERYDAY because guys seemed to have the most problems with that. AND you can't have an ipod or walkman or anything, so get used to running with no music. The "gym" is really dry and hot with one spot of fresh air that you strive to get to every lap. That's what I focused on and it helped. One more thing...Try to pace yourself with the best runner even though you may not be as good. It helps to push yourself to the level of someone better than you. You'll be fine and don't forget to think positively. I literally said to myself OUT LOUD..."I didn't come to fail, so keep going." The longer you keep moving, the closer you are to finishing.(As cheesy as it may sound) GOOD LUCK!
                        "Insane Fish"

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CPDis4ME
                          Yeah I fall within the lowest age group since I am only 21. Right off the top of my head 16 inches sounds right, I just wasnt sure where exactly they start the measurement from. I mean the measurement shouldnt be based on how tall you are (hence how long your arms are.) I just wish they gave you a definite desciption of how the measurement is done so that everyone knows exactly what they need to work for....
                          I have the training and standards information for the POWER test. if you want a copy let me know .

                          Comment


                          • POWER Test Booklet.

                            Here is the Power Test Booklet for those interested.

                            Good luck to all.

                            Comment


                            • Are they processing Nov 04 applicants through to the academy yet?

                              Does anybody actually know what lottery number they are currently on?

                              I talked to someone at headquarters and they said they that the 2003 list should have been completed by the end of Jan 06. Is that true?

                              Just wonder is this true or are they just jerking my chain?
                              PaTience

                              Comment


                              • WELL i know there at almost 1000 from the 04 test so i will think the 03 list is done by now!!!!
                                Originally posted by PaTience
                                Are they processing Nov 04 applicants through to the academy yet?

                                Does anybody actually know what lottery number they are currently on?

                                I talked to someone at headquarters and they said they that the 2003 list should have been completed by the end of Jan 06. Is that true?

                                Just wonder is this true or are they just jerking my chain?
                                Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
                                Romans 12:12

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8705 users online. 426 members and 8279 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X