Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In what phase of the application process are the majority of applicants screened out? Thanks

Comment

• I agree, I'm 32 and there is a big difference in my body now and 10 or even 5 years ago.(there is NO buffness here) However graduating from college and working for the last ten was forced me to grow up and look at life different. One thing I have learned, never underestimate anything to be too easy, that is when things go bad.
      "patiently waiting"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sal83
        In what phase of the application process are the majority of applicants screened out? Thanks

FROM WHAT I HEARD is at the Physc portion and also the BACKGROUND ... NOT SURE IF IS TRUE!!!!
        Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
        Romans 12:12

Comment

• CPD CANDIDATES!!!
          FOR the ones that are married????and have had there BI DONE..does ur BI do a background on your spouse?? or and interview?

thanks....
          Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
          Romans 12:12

Comment

In what phase of the application process are the majority of applicants screened out? Thanks
            I would bet the written. If you think about it, the cutoff for the written test disqualifies a lot of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by shygirl1321
              CPD CANDIDATES!!!
              FOR the ones that are married????and have had there BI DONE..does ur BI do a background on your spouse?? or and interview?

thanks....

The only thing that was asked about my spouse was her income, and place of employment. She was home for my home interview, and they chatted a little bit about where she went to school.

Comment

When I took the written 3000 people showed up, they told us that half of us would not pass the test. The left approx 1500. They went on to say that a quarter of us left would not pass the phyiscal. That left us with 1125 people. They then told us that at each phase after that would weed out another quarter of the people:
                initial background packet = 844 people
                medical and pysch review = 633
                background = 475 left

So that leaves 475 people ready to hire give or take. Of course this is just an example and there are alot of variables to consider, but it sounds about right to me.

Comment

• when did you take the written?
                  "patiently waiting"

Comment

• I took the written in 2002

Comment

• Originally posted by jax24
                      I took the written in 2002
                      Jax,
                      Were you offered employment by the CPD?

Comment

• Anyone know when for this year?

I was just curious if any one had an idea of when the next academy class is for 2006? i've been waitin to take the final power test and im goin crazy waitin for it to come.

Comment

• i've heard the most so far has been the psychological written exam/evaluation, but there will be a good amount that filter out b/c of the pre-power test...u'll see some wierd questions...when u get to the psych written exam just make sure ur consistent with ur answers, thats what they're looking for.

Comment

• Chicago is scheduled to have a new recruit class start every month at least until June.

And yeah. The psych test.
                            Last edited by CPDZone9; 01-27-2006, 12:28 PM. Reason: Missed a word.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldylocks84
                              Jax,
                              Were you offered employment by the CPD?

I was just signed off by my investigator last week. They don't offer you employment until you pass the second power test.

Comment

• Hi there. Here is my story about the CPD hiring process...

I have kept my nose clean my entire life, never smoked weed, pulled over once for speeding and got a warning. No blemish, no freaky skeltons in my closet. Degree in criminal Sociology from DePaul, over 100 years of CPD heritage in my family, did an internship in the 6th district for 5 months myself.

Took the Nov '04 test with no problem what-so-ever, was summoned to do the POWER test in March of '05. The test may be easy for you, may not be. I will give you this advice though. The test was held indoors at an old factory. It was hot and humid as hell (no windows, poor ventilation). Having spent the past two winter months running outdoors it was a huge shock to my system to have to run inside in a humid building. I did not do anywhere near as well as when I was running outdoors. So take that into account when training. I did 36 situps but just could not complete the 37th one for some reason, they let me slide. Most of the people were very cool and helpful there. The guy who went before me on the bench press machine coudn't do it, and the cop leaned over and helped him lift. There were plenty of people that "passed" even though they were a couple minutes over on the run or a couple situps short (is the final power test that loose?). It was cool that everyone in your little group of guys (or girls) were really supportive cheering you on. They made you hold someone else's feet/legs while they did situps, make sure you know how exactly you want them held and that you can convey it to someone fairly quickly.

Showed up for the paperwork date, where you fill out all the forms and what not, make sure you're ready to "produce a sample" at this one, I wasn't and had to sit there for quite a while trying to ****.

The Psych exam, what kind of crazy SOB created this? First off, it was at 7am on a Sunday. There were 1,200 questions, most of which were asked 3 times.

Then in June or July I went to the Psych exam, this was me going into a room with a guy who seriously reminded me of Bill Lumbergh from Officespace. My understanding was that the face to face psych was to explore anything that was redflagged on the written psych test. So the guy sat there and asked me questions for ten minutes about my anger issues, which is funny because I'm probably one of the most easy going guys, but he kept asking me about bouts of anger and what not.

Had my Medical exam the next week. Easy enough, chest xray, hearing test, vision test, blood test, turn your head and cough etc.

September 10th, got a letter in the mail telling me that due to my score on the psych exam I was no longer eligible for employment.

So, now I'm signed up to take the Sunday Morning test in Feb at Truman.

My question is, lots of officers that I know have stated they will write me letters of recommendation and what not, most of these are Sgts and Lts that I know personally and thru my internship in 006. I'm well aware of all the city hall bs about preferential hiring, so I'm not asking about that, but do letters help? Would they only become usefull once you're assigned an investigator?

A Lt. I spoke to in Sept told me that they have changed the hiring process in years past in that they will be holding several test dates throughout the year now, so instead of having to wait a year to take a test, you can wait 3 months or so. We're in a spot now where not so many people are applying (as evidenced by the 30K applicants in years past, but now they get 7k). Most of the baby boomers are coming of retirement age and are getting out, so lots of positions are opening up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6005 users online. 296 members and 5709 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X