300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Police Academy...

Anyone else get in the August 29th class???

Yes, I have my final power test in a few weeks. Congratulations to you, I will see you there.

Comment

Academy Training

Originally posted by CPD05
      Anyone else get in the August 29th class???
      CPD05, I haven't gotten the notice just yet but hopefully I'll be notified for the Sep class. BEST of LUCK to you...
      Have anyone gotten any notification for September?
      Last edited by marv28; 08-10-2005, 03:18 PM. Reason: Adding a question

Comment

I knew I heard rumors of another class going in.
        "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

Hi, new to O.com. I am starting the Chicago Police Academy on September 26th. Big Change of pace.
          Any tips on what to expect as far as buying equipement? Athletic gear (certain color of shoes, etc)?
          When we start, we were told to wear suits. If you started the 29th, were you expected to wear one for the first week? Hopefully only a day or two cuz I do not have that many options!

Comment

You will wear a suit and tie for the better part of the first week. Then the fun of uniform spending begins. You will need all the basic equip, cuffs duty belt and so on. 2 sets of blue sweats with your last name on the chest, running shoes and plain white shoes. redman helmet or something like that. and who could forget about the 5k in cash you are going to need to pay for all these uniforms items.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

I have a quick question, what if you dont have the money to buy all the equipment? Do they have a program to help you take a loan or something to that nature?

Comment

The Chicago Patrolman's Credit Union is there to give you a loan

Second City Cop

Comment

MrBlack that's awesome! Monday Monday, so good to me! Monday Monday, it's all I hoped it would beeee! (All right, I'll stop singing!)
                  So you must have applied in '03 sometime, right? Did it take you 2 years? What is up with the next test? To test or not to test..... Did they really schedule one for Nov. then cancel it?

Comment

I am not sure about the testing in November, I haven't heard anything about it.

If yer interested then I hope so cuz it was a Looooooooooooong wait from the beginning to just starting the academy.

It was almost 3 years because of some messed up paperwork (don't forget to cross your T's and dot your i's) on my medical history on surgury I had awhile back. When they said they needed a permission slip they really meant entire history (x-rays, diagnosis, follow up work, what I ate for breakfest, how my dog is...)!!!

In the end, it doesn't matter because I made it this far.
                    Hope all goes well.

Comment

What is CPD's stance on prior drug usage? (reefer smoking?) Do they do a hair test? (I'm wondering because I have long hair and the reefer would show up on a hair test....not too hot on the Sinade O'Connor [sp?] look)
                      Also, I've started applying to suburban depts. I think I will still apply to Chicago, too, if the chance comes up. Especially if I'd have almost 2-3 years of experience under my belt by the time the academy would start!!
                      Are there open applications now? (Sorry for the million questions!!)

Comment

They do hair test and if you shave your head they will take it from somewhere else. If you shave all of your hair they send you home. No applications open as far as I know. Then again last night was my first night back after 5 days and next week I go back on a 16 day furlough. So I am a little out of touch. Seeing when I am off I stay away from work as much as possible.

Second City Cop

Comment

hair test

Originally posted by Pedro56
                          They do hair test and if you shave your head they will take it from somewhere else. If you shave all of your hair they send you home. No applications open as far as I know. Then again last night was my first night back after 5 days and next week I go back on a 16 day furlough. So I am a little out of touch. Seeing when I am off I stay away from work as much as possible.

I didn't know PD's did hair test on recruits! WOW...I guess the easy answer is, try not to smoke a DOOBY prior to the test

so you have to pay for all your equipment? OUCH...I guess I should start saving
                          www.officerdownbracelets.com
                          R.L.T.W

Comment

As I was in line to take my urinalysis, you would be AMAZED at the number of complete morons who were on their cell phones calling up their pals saying "Dude, they're making me pee AND pulling hair! I'm sweatin it dawg, I'm sweatin it!"

I honestly couldn't believe it.

Anyways, I've got my last POWER test in a couple weeks, then on to the academy (on Halloween!) - IF I pass my pre-academy Power test. I got out of the Air Force and kinda let myself slide .

Comment

How long have you been in the process for?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6018 users online. 314 members and 5704 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X